Chapter 15

"Okay Brenda, this is one of the routines we did last year." Kitty said, as she, Brittany and Santana started showing me. I t was something along the lines of clapping three times. stomping each foot three times, and then doing a toe touch, and three back flips.

"Can you do that?" Kitty asked.

"Easy," I said and did it.

"Wow." Brittany said.

"That was perfect, Bell." Santana said, using my nick name she and Puck somewhat share.

"Thanks San." I said. They showed me a few more routines, then told me some of the chants, which Kitty wrote down to. They left and I went to watch the guys play football in the front yard. I gasped as Sam got tackled pretty hard by one of the dudes, whose name I forgot.

"Are you okay Sam?" I called, jogging over to them. He held up his hands and gave me two thumbs up. I laughed and me and Ryder pulled him up.

"That was awesome!" He exclaimed. I laughed and went back to my spot.I sat under the big tree and leaned against it. I picked up my song book and started writing the lyrics to my newest song. Its called 'Carry On'.

There's always gonna be some canyon in the way

There's always gonna be a river I can not cross

Somewhere along this path that's chosen me

I know I'm gonna fall down, feel lost, feel weak

But wherever it leads

No one ever said it would be easy my love!

But I will be by your side when the impossible rises up

We will travel this life well-worn

No matter the cost, no matter how long

We will leave our footprints behind

And carry on, carry on, carry on, carry on!

Before I could finish I fell asleep.

TIME SKIP

Sam's POV

After about an hour of playing football, the guys left and I started looking for Brenda, who I saw sitting under the tree with her song book and pen in hand. I smiled and jogged over to her. I was confused as to why she didn't move until I reached her. She had her knees up to her chest, her hands on top of her song book, which is resting on top of her knees. Her hair had come out of her pony tail and was sitting on her shoulders. Her head was leaning against the tree. I laughed quietly as she snored quietly. I took the pen and book out of her hands and looked at the title. 'Carry On'. Huh, I'll have get her to finish it and sing it for me. I put the small book and pen in my pocket and picked her up bridal style. I carried her into the house, up the stairs, and into our room. I put her on the bed and covered her up. I kissed her forehead and grabbed my guitar and the papers off of my desk and went down stairs. Mom, Brenda, Sandy and I are the only ones here. Mom is in the kitchen cooking and Sandy is taking a nap in her room. I sat at the piano and started messing with the keys. Then, I looked at the papers and started singing what I wrote on them a few days ago. I started playing, then I started singing quietly.

The trouble with girls is they're a mystery

Something about 'em puzzles me

Spent my whole life trying to figure out

Just what them girls ate all about

The trouble with girls is they're so dang pretty

Everything about 'em does something to me

But I guess that's the way its supposed to be

They smile, that smile

They but those eyes

They steal you with 'hello'

They kill you with 'goodbye'

They hook you with one touch and you can't break free

Yeah the trouble with girls is nobody loves trouble as much as me

They're sugar and apiece and angel wings

And hell on wheels and tight blue jeans

A summer night, down by the lake

An old memory that you can't shake

They're hard to find, yet there's so many of 'em

Therapy that you hate, that you already love 'em

But I guess that's the way its supposed to be

I didn't get to finish because mom was standing in the door way watching me. She smiled and sat beside me.

"Why'd you stop?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know.  I thought you had to talk to me or something." I answered. She smiled again. She put her hands on the keys and started playing something familiar.

"Do you remember this?" She asked.

"It's 'I Hope You Dance' isn't it?"she nodded."Isn't this the first song you taught me to play on the piano."

"You remember that?" She asked surprised.

"Yea ma'am. I was what, 5, when you taught me?" She nodded. Then she sighed."What's wrong mama?" I asked.

"I-it's just, all of you are growing up so fast. You, Chord, Stacy, Stevie, even Sandy. You'll be graduating in May, Stacy and Stevie are in fifth grade and Sandy's already trying to walk!" She said, sniffing. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"You were my baby, Sammy. I remember when I still had to change your stinky diapers." I laughed.

"I'm still gonna be your baby boy, no matter what, mama. I may be graduating soon, but I seriously doubt you'll be getting rid of me that easily." I said. She laughed and put her head on my shoulder and hugged me around the waist.

" I know Sammy just...just don't change okay."

"I'm not mama, I promise."

"Really, don't change who you are. You're a good boy Sam, and a lit of god things are heading your way." She said. She stood up and kissed my forehead before going back in the kitchen.

Well, that was weird.