Fourth of July: 1 of 4

Chapter 9

Sam's POV

It's been a week since Snowball had her kittens, and those little fur balls were getting fat. Like, legit. Unless they just have a lot of hair or something. There were three girls and two boys. One of the boys were black and white, and looked like he had socks on his feet. Stacy named him Socks, duh. The other boy, was all black, with a white stripe on his stomach. Stevie, for some reason, called him Stripes. Only one girl looked like her mom, and Brenda named her Snow Bell. Yeah, I'm guessing all of their names are gonna start with 'S'. I didn't name any of them, because my name suggestions were too 'stupid'. One of the other girls looked like a damn brown bear. Her name was Shelly. The last one, was a grey/silvery color. And you can guess her name. Silver. I rolled my eyes.

Right now, were at the grocery store, buying food for the fourth of July. Apparently, we're having this huge party, which included The gleeks, Puck, Quinn, Santana, Brittany, my family, Brenda's family (Including her cousins) Kelsey, Kelly, Sam's grandparents are coming down from Nashville, as are the Overstreets, Sam's cousins Courtney, John, Seth, Alaina, Stella and Zack were also coming, along with their parents, who were Sam's Aunt Sarah and Uncle Jackson. Mercedes and Chord are also coming down for it. So, about 70 people are coming.

"Dear god we gotta buy a lot of stuff, Sam!" Brenda exclaimed. I looked down at the list and said,

"I know B. But hey, at least I;m here to help ya!"She laughed but nodded. I got a buggy and followed her. On the list, there's;

list

-Hot dog buns

-Hot dogs

-Hamburger buns

-Hamburger meat

-Stuff to make salads with

-Regular chips, Cheddar, Onion, Tortilla, etc

-Dip

-Ketchup

-Mustard

-Relish

-Chilly

-Cheese

-Lettuce

-Tomatoes

-Pickles

-Onions

-Drinks(Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr.Pepper, Coke, Sprite,etc)

-Get two boxes of plastic forks, spoons, and knives

-Get a few bags of potatoes

-Get a lot of paper plates

-Whatever you need to make sweets

-A lot of different fruits

That's it, thank's you two!-Mama Donna.

P.S: Sam, Puck asked if you'd buy some fire works, a lot, and that he'd pay you back. He said that he already had a bunch but he wants a lot more. And get a lot of sparklers for the kids!

I looked up at Brenda, who was laughing.

"Day-um!" I exclaimed quietly, so no one but her would hear. She giggled. It took us about an hour, just to get half of what was on the list. The cart was already filled with a bunch of food. Like, ten packs of hot dog and hamburger buns, 10 packs of hot dogs, a lot of hamburger meat, a lot of everything really. We got everything within the next hour and paid for everything. We went to the fire workplace,and I bought like, a hundred and fifty dollars in fireworks. Not including the sparklers. I bought around fifty packs, all I did was just grab ton of them and throw them in the basket with everything else. Brenda sat in the truck while I got the stuff. I tossed it in the back with everything else and said,

"Lets roll!" And she laughed. We took all of the grocery's in and collapsed on the couch, exhausted.

"Damn, Sam, I didn't think you'd buy that many fireworks!" Puck said, walking in the room, Quinn, Mercedes and Chord by his side.

"Well, I was supposed to get a bunch of 'em so, why not?" I said. It took us both a few minutes to realize they were here.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, jumping up and hugging them. Brenda did the same.

"How the hell did you not realize it was us?" Chord asked, plopping down on the couch, next to Mercedes. Quinn and Puck sat on the love seat and Brenda and I sat back in our spot.

"Well, 1) I didn't think y'all would be here until later and 2) We're both tired from bringing in all those grocery's. By. Our. Selves."

'"Yeah, sorry about that. We wanted to surprise you, which is why we didn't help." Quinn said. Puck and Chord looked away whistling.

"Uh huh, sure ya did." Brenda answered.

Later that night, around 10 PM

Brenda's POV

Sam and I just finished making the hamburger patties,potato salad, pasta salad, green salad and deviled eggs. We went a head and made all that so we wouldn't have as much work to do in the morning, same with the burger patties. Since Laura decided to move into my room, since I had practically moved into Sam's room, there is now another empty room for the others to stay in. There are three empty guest rooms. Sam, Chord, Puck and I were the only ones up. Everyone else went to bed. We're watching a random show, which is really stupid. I looked over at Chord and Puck, who were really into the T.V. not making a move, or even blinking. I looked over at Sam, who was half asleep. I yawned, which made him yawn, then I yawned again, and he yawned again. We both started giggling at each other. I took his hand and pulled him up stairs to our room. I pulled my T-shirt off, and shorts as well. I unhooked my bra and threw it on the chair. He took his shirt and shorts off as well and climbed into the bed with me.

"Goodnight Squishy" I said smiling.

"Goodnight Darlin'." He said, smiling his adorable southern smile. I kissed him and as it turns out, we didn't go to bed for about and hour and a half.