Chapter 28

Brenda's POV

First day of school, August 18th

When Sam and I walked into school the morning of the first day, everyone stared. Mostly at Sam, since he was using his crutches again. We met up with everyone by our lockers, except for Jake.

"Where's he at?" I asked. Sam started putting his stuff in his locker, except for a pencil and math book, note book and folder.

"Haven't seen him." Ryder replied.

"Me neither."

"I talked to him last night." Marley said, looking down at her feet.

"It's not your fault Marley, the dumb ass shouldn't have hit her." Sam said, turning around and leaning up against the locker. Jake walked by and rolled his eyes. Sam scoffed. The bell rang and me and Sam walked to our first class. We have every class together.

Schedule:

Math

Science

English

Art

Lunch

Social Studies

Free Period

~~~~~~~~~~~

In that class, much like all of the others, students stared at us. The teachers gave the same speech, consisting of the rules, what not to do, etc. I was grateful for the lunch bell, because I'm starving. Sam and I sat across from each other at a table. I took the small bag out my pocket book and opened it. I tossed him a muffin and he caught it. I laughed. Melody ran up to the table with her food, everyone else behind her.

"Whre'd you get that Sam?" She asked.

"None ya!" He exclaimed, taking a bite. She snatched it and ate the rest of it. He pouted, crossing his arms. I laughed, and took the other one out and giving it to him. He split it and gave me the other half.

"Thanks Sammy!" I stuffed it in my mouth. He snorted and drank some water.

"What do you think this weeks assignment is gonna be about?" Unique asked.

"I don't know, but I could have sworn I saw Brittany sneaking around near the choir room like a damn ninja a few minutes ago." Sam said seriously. I snorted this time.

"A ninja? Really?" He shrugged. I shook my head at him.

"If it is her, it will probably be Brittney week 2.0 or something." He finished. I shrugged.

"It might be." Then the bell rang.