Chapter 49

Thanksgiving, November 27, 2016
Brenda's POV

Thankfully, the only people that are going to eat dinner with the us are the grandparents and cousins, none of the other Glee members, even though they would be coming over after they had their dinners. Sam had finally stopped throwing up everything he ate or drank. Because of that, he lost a couple of pounds because he hadn't been eating. The food was almost done, and Sam was taking a shower while I did my makeup. I heard Sam coughing then sneeze.

"Can you hand me some toilet paper?" He asked. I gave him a wad of it and he blew his nose He tossed the used tissue in the toilet and turned the shower off. He got out and started drying himself off while I did my hair.

"Do you feel any better?"I asked. He sighed.

"Yeah. The medicine is really helping.Especially the nausea, tiredness, and muscle aching. And other than coughing or sneezing every ten minutes " I smiled sadly at him.

"Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon, with out medicine."

"Yeah, I mean once I take the cough and sinus medicine, I'll be good."He said." And do you know if the food's done yet?" He asked as we went to our room and he put his boxers on. I laughed.

"It probably is. I'll go get your medicine. I got a water bottle and the pills and took them back up to him. He had just finished buckling his belt. He's lost weight these past few weeks. I handed him the pills and he took them. After he drank about half of the water, he put the cap back on it and tossed is on the bed He hugged me quickly and we went back downstairs, where Mary was just coming to the living room to tell us it was time to eat. We sat at the table and Dwight said grace, and we started eating. Sam piled his plate with food and started shoveling food in his mouth. I laughed and put a bite in my mouth Chord was doing the same as Sam.

"It's good mama." They said at the same time after swallowing the food.

"I don't know how you tasted it, you two just kept shoveling it in your mouth!"They laughed, and Sandy, who loved the way they laughed, started giggling and clapping The whole table started laughing, and after they calmed down, Cam asked,

"How are you feeling man?"

"I've been better. I mean, I feel a lot better than I have been." He answered. Then the boys started talking about sports and us girls started talking about going shopping, and getting our nails done. Once everyone finished eating, the boys and the younger girls retreated to the living room to watch the game. The only people left in the kitchen was me, Mary, Mercedes, Sam's aunt Sarah, mama, and Grandma Evans. We had cleared the table and washed the dishes and put the left overs in the fridge. Now, we were just sitting at the table talking. Some how, my relationship with Sam came up and they started asking me questions.

"How are you two doing?"

"How long have you two been together, exactly?"

"Have you two had sex?" Aunt Sarah asked that one Immediately, everyone looked at me. Mercedes nudged me, and I realized that I was staring at her with my mouth open in shock.

"Um, no?" It came out like a question.

"You pretty much just told on yourself when you were looking at her like that." Mercedes whispered in my ear.

"Uh, fine. Yes, we've had sex."Then they started going on and on about protection. After a few seconds I got up and started walking in the living room. The boys looked at me when I stopped and looked back in the kitchen.

"Oh, and grandma? To answer your question, we've been together for two years, one month, and two weeks. And in two hours it will be two years, one month, two weeks, and one day!"Then I walked into the living room and sat beside Sam. The boys were looking at me.