Chapter 39

Friday

Sam's POV

"Sam, if you're gonna be on the football team, then you're gonna have to stop working at South co." Mom told me. My head snapped up and I looked at her.

"What?"

"You need to stop working at South co."

"Why?"It was just us in the living room, since everyone was off doing their own thing, and Brenda is in the shower.

"You work way to hard, Sam, and you'r always tired. Brenda told me that you fell asleep in Glee club the other day, and you nearly fell asleep eating dinner last night. And that, plus football, I'll definitely never see you. The only time I see you is on the weekends and you're either asleep or at work. Then, add studying for those tests. You won't get any sleep, Sam. And don't even think of trying to argue with me, you're dad and I have made our decision. You're dad is talking to Ms. Debbie right now." I stared at her.

"This is so not fair, mom. How am I gonna be able to do stuff for Brenda and me when we get bored? And how the hell am I gonna get everyone presents for Christmas? Or their birthdays? Ya know what? Just forget it." I said, annoyed. I got up and went to my room. I sat in the middle of the bed and kicked my shoes off. I plopped back onto my pillow and groaned. My eye lids started feeling heavy and I fell asleep.

I woke up around 6AM. I was on one side of the bed and Brenda was sprawled out on the other side. I grinned and got up. I took a shower and put my clothes on. A pair of jeans, tight long sleeved shirt, boots, and a blue hoodie. I brushed my teeth and left my hair alone. I picked up the packets and took them downstairs with me. I got myself some cereal and read as I ate. I put his ear buds in and listened to music. I noticed mom come down stairs, but I pretended not to see her. I finished my cereal and put my dishes in the sink, and washed them. I picked my stuff up and went back up stairs, not saying a word. Brenda was just coming out of the bathroom, ready to go.

"Morning B."

"Good morning. You ready to go?" She asked. I nodded. We left and on the way she asked,

"Are you nervous about your football tryouts?"

"Nah, Chris said I was definitely gonna be Quarterback. I don't think that's not fair though, not giving anyone else a chance to be it."

"Chris doesn't know what fair is." I laughed.

"Good point."

"What do you have to do anyway?" She asked. I grinned. She knows nothing about football.(A/N: I really don't lol)

"Chris told me that all I had to do was run across the field in a minute or less." I told her, glancing at her. She stuck her tongue out at me.

"I know for a fact that you can do it. I just hope that while y'all are playing, another accident like when you were 14 doesn't happen." She said, looking right at me.

"It won't happen, B. I promise."

"It better not." I just laughed.

Sorry it's so short guys! Sorry for the mistakes! The next chapter will be up soon!