Chapter 42

Friday, November 14th, 2016

Third Person POV

The Evans, including Cam, left Wednesday, promising to come back next Friday (November 21st) to watch Sam's football game, and for Thanksgiving. The glee guys that are on the football team (Sam, Ryder and Jake), the girls on the cheerios(Kitty and Brenda, who is substituting for an injured cheerio) are singing during the halftime show. 'Don't You Worry Child/Save The World Mashup', Sam in the lead with the others singing back-up. Chris, who is still football coach, and Coach Beist ( who is now co-coach) somehow managed to have a thirty minute half time. Mostly so Sam, Jake and Ryder can rest for a few minutes, then change into their clothes for the performance, perform, and then they'll have time to get back into their gear. Sam had to drive home to get his shoulder pads, and while he was there, he took two Tylenol, since he had started feeling bad at school, but he didn't tell anyone. He got the shoulder pads and left, already starting to feel more energetic as he drove back to the school. He ran into the school to the boys locker room, where the guys were already in their football gear. Sam quickly put his gear on and ran out to the field with the rest of the football team, him in the lead, since he's captain. The people on home side cheered as they ran out on the field. Sam could still hear his family and the glee club cheering after everyone else stopped. He grinned to himself and shook his head. A few minutes later, they ran out onto the field, except for Sam, who wasn't going to play until second quarter, and a few others. Brenda laughed everytime she looked at Sam, because he was dancing along to the music that the dude who controlled the score board played. He played 'Happy', 'Trumpets', and a bunch of other songs. By the end of the first quarter, the other team were 4 points ahead, 14-10. Once Sam got on the field, he got a couple of touch downs, and by the end of the second quarter, they were winning by one point, the score being 25-24.

After they get ready for their performance, and go out to the field with their hand held mic's (A lot of detail there, huh?) 

They stood in a triangle formation with Sam being in the front/back (Depends), Brenda and Kitty a foot in front of him, but they weren't directly in front of him, same with Ryder and Jake. The music started and they started singing.

(Brenda, Jake, Kitty and Ryder)

Whose gonna save the world save the world tonight?

Whose gonna bring you back to life?

We're gonna make it you and I,

We’re gonna save the world tonight.

They turned around to face the home side, and Sam is now in the front. He started singing as he looked up at his family and friends.

(Sam)

There was a time; I used to look into my father's eyes.

In a happy home, I was a king, I had a golden throne.

Those days are gone, now the memories are on the wall.

I hear the songs from the places where I was born.

They walked up to stand in a straight line, Sam in the middle.

My father said "Don't you worry, don't you worry child.

Sam looked directly at his dad, grinning, and pointing at him.

Heavens got a plan for you.

He pointed up at the sky, getting into the song, the others singing back up.

Don't you worry, don't you worry child."

(All)

Yeah

Ohoh oh oh, oh oh ohoh oh [x9]

(Sam)

We're far from home, it's for the better.

What we dream, it's all that matters.

We're on our way, united.

Turn the crowd up now,

We'll never back down

Shoot down a skyline, watch it in prime time

Turn up the love now, listen up now, turn up the love

They were all dancing now.

(All [Sam holding the note])

Whose gonna save the world save the world tonight?

Whose gonna bring you back to [life?]

(Sam [all])

(Here we go)

We're gonna make it, were gonna make it,you, you and I, [you]

We’re gonna save the world tonight.

(All)

Don't you worry, don't you worry child

Heavens got a plan for you.

Don't you worry, don't you worry child

(Brenda [holds note]{boys and Kitty})

Whose gonna save the world tonight?

{Don't you worry, don't you worry child. Heaven's got a plan for you}

Whose gonna bring you back to [life?]

{Don't you worry, don't you worry child}

(All)

Ohoh oh oh, oh oh ohoh oh [x9]

(Sam [Kitty, Ryder, Brenda, Jake])

[Ohh, ohh...]

Don't you worry, don't you worry child

Cause I'm gonna bring you back to life

(Sam, Ryder, Jake)

Ohoh oh oh, oh oh ohoh oh [x9]

(Sam and Brenda)

Don't you worry no.

Don’t you worry no.

(Sam, Kitty, Brenda)

Ohoh oh oh, oh oh ohoh oh [x9]

(All)

Don't you worry no.

Don’t you worry no.

Everyone in the stands were cheering.

"Now that, was an amazing performance!" The dude working the score board said into his mic from the box he was in at the top of the bleachers. The boys ran back into the locker room to change while the girls went back to the Cheerios. They ended up losing the game by three points, which made Sam insanely aggravated. He got tackled when there was 15 seconds left on the score board. He was still pretty dizzy from that. He didn't know what was wrong with him, getting dizzy spells every time he stood up. He took a shower when they got home, and he was in a bad mood for the rest of the weekend, and pretty much the whole week leading up to the twenty first. Not to mention that he barely got four solid hours asleep all week.

There's a pretty good amount of drama in the next chapter, not fighting or anything, but someone has to go to the hospital. And y'all probably know who it is anyway. I hope y'all liked it, and sorry for the mistakes! And the song was the Pentatonix version, so the lyrics aren't exactly right, and the beat boxer and dude with the deep voice weren't included in this version.