Chapter 21

They share a room now.

"I'm so bored. What time is it?" Sam whined. Brenda picked her phone up and checked the time.

"Its 6:48 AM."He groaned " Why don't you go to sleep? I thought you were tired."

"I am but what's-her-name said I couldn't go to sleep because of the concussion or some shit. Said I would sleep til 12." He groaned again." This sucks."

"I know Sammy. But hey, Chord texted me a few minutes ago and asked how you were doing. He also said that he'd be here in less than twenty minutes." She said." Finn and Rachel are with him. So is Puck."Sam didn't say anything. She looked over at him and are that he had his good leg bent and his forehead resting on his knee.

 "What's wrong?" She asked. He grunted. Mary came back in the room.

 "What's wrong baby?" She asked, sitting g on the edge of the bed. He shook his head and grunted again.

 "Head hurts." He groaned. Mary picked up the remote thong and hit the call button. She asked the nurse, a different one now, to bring Sam something for his head.

 "It should start working in a few minutes." She said before leaving again. Mary's phone rang and she answered it.

Hello?"

"Hey mom, we're in the lobby. What floor and room number?" Chord asked.

"The third floor and room 302."

"Okay. We'll be there in like, two minutes. How are they?" She hears Puck in the background say,

"Hey mama Mary!"

"Do not call my mom that, Puckerman!" Mary laughed.

"They're alright. Sam's head was hurting but they gave him medicine for it. Brenda's playing on her phone and I'm just watching them."

"Oh, okay. We're on the floor. Rachel and Finn are with us too. I'll see you in a minute."

"Okay." Less than two minutes later, someone knocked on the door. Brenda was getting uncomfortable so she got up and made Sam move over so she could lay with him, her IV next to his. Sam wrapped his good arm around her and she snuggled into him, careful not to hurt her arm even worse. She waved at the group of four when they walked in.

 "Hey Finny, Chordie, Rachie!" She glared at Puck." Puckerman."

"Hey to you to Southern Bell." He joked. He plopped down in the couch beside Mary. "Sup Sam." He said, looking at him. Sam took his pillow and threw other at him." Damn, who pissed in your cereal this morning?"

 "I'm sorry mama, but fuck you Puck." He grumbled. Then he looked at Chord, Rachel and Finn. "Sorry I'm being such an Ass. They won't let me sleep."

 "Who Samuel?"Rachel asked, hugging Brenda then Sam and kissing him on the cheek.

 "Doctor." He mumbled. Chord and Finn hugged and kissed Brenda on the cheek, Finn fist bumped Sam but Chord hugged him.

 "Oh, so what happened exactly?" Sam looked at Brenda, not wanting to explain. She sighed and began to explain. Even Puck was quiet through it, but at the end he said,

 "Damn, how are you not dead yet?" This time, Brenda picked up a walked up piece of paper and threw it at him. It hit him in the eye.

 "Okay, I'll shut up now." He said rubbing his eye. There was another knock on the door and Sam groaned.

 "I swear, if someone knocks on that damn door one more time, I'm gonna scream." This time it was Sarah, which made him groan again.

 "Hi everyone! I was told to come tell you that Sam, you can sleep. Doctor Jones miss counted or something." The way-too-cheery-nurse said and bounced out of the room.

"Miss counted what?" Finn asked.

 "The hell if I know. I'm going my ass to sleep." He wrapped his arms tighter around Brenda and shifted so he would be comfortable and buried his face in her hair. They laughed and Brenda started humming one of his favorite songs by her, 'A Moment Like This'. It didn't take long for him to fall asleep, because less than five minutes later, he was snoring away.