Chapter 44

The crowd stopped cheering and gasped. Ryder and Jake pulled the guy off him and pushed him away from them, the dude laughing. Sam was laying on the ground, gasping for air. Ryder and Jake looked at each other and knelt beside him. 

"Sam, dude, are you alright?" The glee club and family members made their way onto the field, not being able to go past the side lines.

"Can't...breathe...."He gasped out.

"Oh shit, help me get him up!" Jake exclaimed, getting back on his feet. They managed to get Sam up, his arms around their necks, and they were practically carrying him to the side lines. Chris ran to meet them.

"He can't breathe!" Ryder said, which made Chris start freaking out. He made them lay him on the bench and a paramedic, who was only there to help them if they got injured, brought a breathing mask over to them, putting it over Sam's nose and mouth. The ambulance wasn't even there, since no one thought anything would happen. The breathing mask helped him a little bit, but he still struggled to breathe. Brenda and Chord pushed their way to the bench, and they both knelt beside Sam. Sam's eyes were wide and they could see the fear in them as he tried to breathe.

"Y'all, give him some room! Move back!" Brenda yelled, making everyone jump and move back. She stood up on her knees so Sam could see her better. She grabbed one of his hands and then put her hand on his right cheek." You're gonna be okay Sam, I promise you, okay? Just take deep breaths." She said quietly, only so he could hear her. He blinked and took a few deep breaths, then he started coughing.

"Move," He gasped out. She was confused," I'm.. gonna be sick..."He coughed. She moved out of the way and knelt at the end of the bench, where his head was. He moved the breathing mask and coughed some more, then he started throwing up. She rubbed his back. By now, the other team and everyone else left, leaving the only ones on Sam's team, Ryder and Jake, the glee club, and the families. He coughed again then spit what was left in his mouth.

"An ambulance is on the way." Chris told me. I nodded to him. Sam lied back on the bench and groaned. "Can you sit up? We should probably get you out of your Jersey and gear." Sam slowly sat up and pulled off his jersey. Brenda helped him unhook the protective gear and sat it on the bench next to him. All he had on under it was a white thermal shirt. Sam was still breathing hard, but he was breathing better, with the occasional cough. He leaned forward and put his head in his hands.

"Do I have to go to the hospital?" He mumbled.

"Hell yeah you're going!" He groaned again. His shoulders were tense, as if he had a feeling soemthing bad was gonna happen. The ambulance stopped at the gate, since the truck was to big to fit through the opening, and the two paramedics got a stretcher out and started coming towards them. Brenda stood up and got Sam to get up with her. They started walking towards them, to meet them half way, when Sam hit the ground again.

"Oh shit!" Brenda exclaimed and stood over him.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, just help me up." He mumbled, holding his arms up. Jake and Chord ran over to him and helped him up, nearly carrying him to the stretcher."I can walk, dang it!" He said, annoyed. He seemed to be a little out of it.

"Dude, no. You looked like you were drunk when you fell." Jake replied.

"I got dizzy again! What'chu expect?" He mumbled. They put him on the stretcher and he covered his face with his arms.

"Brenda, if you don't mind, Cam and I are gonna ride in the ambulance with him." Mary said. Brenda nodded as she watched them put him in the back of the ambulance.

"C'mon." Chord said, nudging her. She sighed and walked with everyone else to the cars. She's gonna ride with Mercedes, Puck and Quinn while Chord takes Sam's truck home. I sat in the passenger seat while Quinn and Puck sat in the back.