Chapter 27

Everyone left after that. I'm still pissed at Jake, duh. I'm literally mad crying right now. I made Sam sit at the kitchen table while I cleaned his face of all the blood. Mama and Mary came in and Mary all but shrieked,

"What happened?"

"He and Jake got in a fight." I answered, since Sam wouldn't say anything. He just sat in the chair, eyes closed, jaw clenched, and arms crossed over his chest. Mary started helping me wipe the blood off. Puck came in and sat across from Sam silently.

"Did he tell you why he did it?" I asked.

"Nope. He didn't say a word, but I yelled at him the whole way to his house."

"Sorry bastard."Sam spit out.

"Samuel!" Mary exclaimed.

"I don't give a damn. He shouldn't have hit her!"

"Wait... What?"

"He hit me. I told him to leave and he slapped me. Then all hell broke loose." I replied, sitting between Sam and Puck.

"I'll bet his ass next time I see him then."Mama said. I snorted. Sam stood up and walked, more liked wobbled on his crutches, up the stairs.

"I'm going to bed. Night." He said. I looked at everyone else and shrugged. I let him be by himself for a little while, and I took a shower and watched T.V with Chord, Puck, Mary and mama until 10:30. Lauren and Chris had come and gone and I'm ready to go to bed. I went up stairs and into our room, expecting him to be asleep, but he was laying on his back, staring up at the ceiling.

"Hey babe, I thought you were asleep."I said, crawling into bed next to him. He automatically wrapped his arms around me.

"Nah, just thinking that's all." He replied.

"What about?"

"If he had done worse, I would have really hurt him, Brenda." He said. I turned to face him. I put my hand on his cheek.

"Sam, don't worry about it. Worry about yourself."

"I know B. You know how much I love you. I worry about you, ya know?"

"I should be the one worried about you!" I exclaimed."You're all beat up!"

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Stop saying your sorry dammit!"He laughed slightly." It's not your fault, and I shouldn't have yelled like that either."

"It's alright. Let's just go to sleep. I'm pooped." I laughed, nodding.

"I love it when you say that." I giggled. He smiled his adorable smile, even though his lip was busted." Good night Sammy. I love you."

"Nighty night Darlin'. I love you too!" I laughed as I put my arm across his stomach, and he started playing with my hair.