Chapter 17

Brenda sighed. They've been here for over two hours. Now it's 12:50 and Sam was half asleep in one of the insanely had, uncomfortable, hospital chairs. Donna got to the hospital along with Lauren's mom, Debbie, about 30 minutes ago. Chris came out about an hour ago saying that she is only 2 centimeters dilated. Right when Brenda was about to nod off, Donna and Debbie came into the waiting room.

"Hey you two." Donna said, sitting in one of the chairs in front of them, beside Brenda. Sam jerked awake.

"Huh, what?" He mumbled. He looked around for a minute, put his head back on his hand and started snoring again. I giggled, then I yawned.

"Hey mama."

"Are you ready to go home?"

"We drove Sam's truck."

"I know, Debbie drove me and her up here in her car and she'sgoing home to get some stuff to bring back here. Chris told me to go home even if I don't want to. And Sam looks like the walking dead over there." She said pointing at him.

"That's it, he is not going to work tomorrow. They're working him way to damn hard." I said, and it was mostly pointed towards Debbie, since she owns Southco.

"I suppose we have been working him hard. Well, Jeff actually. He makes the schedule. He has tomorrow off, and make him sleep in okay?" She said. I nodded.

"I probably will too." I replied.

"And I'll also fix his schedule where he's working enough to get a good check, instead of making him work until...he looks like that." She said. I giggled.

"Yeah. Y'all go on out, I'll meet y'all out there. I got to get him out of the chair first, if that's even possible." I said. They nodded and went out the revolving doors. I got up and stood in front of him.

"Sam. Sa-am. Sammy! Sammy wake up!" I said, tapping his knee repeatedly. He grunted and opened one eye, looking at me.

"What?" He dragged it out sleepily.

"Come on babe. We're going home." I said.

"Uhhh, I don't want to get up though!" He whined. I sighed.

"Okay 1) wouldn't you be more comfortable in your insanely comfortable bed and 2) if you don't get up now, then you don't get any more cuddles for the rest of the week." That made him get up. He go up sleepily and grabbed her hand, and they walked hand in hand to the truck where Donna was leaning up against it, waiting.

"Sorry mama. It took me a few minutes to get him awake, let alone out of the chair." Brenda said. Donna laughed. Sam unlocked the doors and got in the drivers seat while Brenda was in the middle and Donna was on her other side. He rubbed his eyes and started the truck.

"Are you sure you're not to tired to drive? I mean, I can drive if you want" Brenda suggested.

"S'fine." He said, smiling at her slightly. When they were about five minutes away from the house, a deer ran across the street. The bad thing is, there was a car in the other lane and they swerved, trying not to hit the deer. Sam didn't notice the other car until Brenda screamed at him. He yawned, which was why he didn't see it. The other car didn't hit the deer, but they hit Sam's truck dead on.

Y'all are probably so pissed at me right now *Imagine evil laughter now*.