Chapter 41

Where: House, School, Choir room

Who: Everyone, Some of Sam's family

Time/Date: Monday and Tuesday, November 10th and 11th

Sam's POV

After school on Monday

"Hey mom, why are they coming anyway?" I asked when she sat in the recliner with Sandy. Sandy managed to get off of mom and stumble over to me.

"Hi!" She squealed. I laughed and picked her up. 

"They're just coming to visit." She replied. 

"Okay...Are y'all coming to the pep rally we're having tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah, all of us are."

"Wait, who all is coming again?"

"Grandma and Grandpa Evans, you're aunt Sarah and uncle Jackson, plus their kids." I groaned. John is definitely gonna be annoying the hell outta me. I groaned.

"Alright." I mumbled and stood up. Again, I stood up to fast and felt dizzy for a few seconds. I used the couch to steady myself so I wouldn't fall back onto the couch.

"Woah, you alright bud?" Dad asked, walking in the kitchen with Stacy on his back. I nodded.

"Yeah, just stood up to fast." I told them. They looked at each other and I made my way up stairs to take a shower, then make sure we had everything ready for tomorrow. Later that night, even though Brenda was sleeping soundly in my arms, I couldn't go to sleep. I stayed up all night. I got up before Brenda and took a cold shower, hoping that it would wake me up, at least for a while. It did. I put on my regular clothes, since we would all change at the school. I combed my hair while it was wet, but it didn't do much good. I brushed me teeth and put my shoes on. We weren't taking our book bags, since it was an all day pep rally sorta thing. I huffed and sat on the edge of the bed. I felt Brenda move and she climbed up towards me. She put her head in my lap and looked at me cutely. I smiled at her and leaned down to kiss her. When we broke apart, she picked up one of my hands and started playing with my fingers. I sighed and looked at the clock. It's 7:30 AM. We don't have to be at school until about 9:30. She stopped for a second and frowned, looking up at me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I told her, kissing her hand, which had been playing with mine.

"Sam, I know you. You're not fine." She told me, sitting up and putting her hand on the mattress, holding her self up. I sighed and ran a hand over my face.

"It's nothing really, I just didn't get any sleep last night. I don't know why though." She looked at me and reached up to feel my forehead. I was confused.

"Are you feeling okay? You don't have a fever." She told me.

"Yeah, I feel fine, I'm just tired. It's probably just nerves."

"Why?" I smiled and pulled her into my lap, my arms resting around her waist.

"Well, those songs I'll be singing will probably be bringing some tears from you girls, And the last football game is next Friday. And, I have yet to get my test scores, which I am really nervous about." I told her. I wasn't lying, I really am nervous about all of that. She nodded.

"I'm sure you did great on those tests. And I know you'll do great today, and at the football game. This week and next week." She told me, kissing me on both cheeks, my forehead, my nose, then finally my lips, her actions making me smile like an idiot. She got up and put her bra on, not caring that I was in the room.