Chapter 25

A week later, August 8th, Friday

"It's so good to be home!" Sam exclaimed, falling back onto the couch. I laughed and sat beside him. He put his head on my shoulder as he got comfortable. I shook my head at him.

"Put your leg up Samuel!" Mary yelled from the stairs. Sam groaned and put his leg on the coffee table. I looked at him.

"Really?"I asked.

"Really." He said matter of factly. I laughed again.

"Take a nap Squishy. We have to go to Walmart with mama and your mom later to pick up our medicine and get school supplies." He groaned again.

"How many days left until school starts back?"He asked.

"Ten days." He groaned again. "Hey, quit the groaning! This is our senior year! You should be happy that it's almost over."

"I know. Well probably miss it though, don't you think? Not seeing everyone in the halls everyday like usual?"

"I no. Well get used to it. I sure as hell don't miss seeing Puck every day in the hallway." He laughed.

"Yeah." He sighed." Welp, I'm going to sleep." He told me and got comfortable.

"Did you seriously just say 'welp'?"

"Yes, yea I did." He answered. I shorts. He put his head in my lap and I ran my hands through his hair until he fell asleep.