Chapter 46

Third Person POV

Sam didn't sleep long, because he got sick again. Everyone was still there when he woke up. He jumped slightly when he woke up, and everyone looked at him. He felt the bile rising in his throat.

"Oh, fuck." He mumbled quietly and jumped up, running to the bathroom. He tried to be as quiet as possible, so that no one heard him. It was clear, since he hadn't eaten anything and he's thrown up a lot already and he's only had water. When he was done, Brenda came into the bathroom and knelt beside him.

"Can I just stay in here? Seriously."He mumbled. He started shivering again and she helped him up. 

"I'm sorry Sammy. I feel bad that you're so sick."She said."Lay back down, I need to take your temperature again." She helped him to the couch and he laid back down, groaning. He put a pillow over his face and groaned into it again. Surprisingly, Rachel scooted over to him and snuggled into his side like a kid would their dad. He looked at her weird.

"What? I'm trying to help you feel better." She said sweetly. He raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. Brenda came back in and stopped when she saw Sam and Rachel.

"Wait, what?"

"I have no idea, B." Sam said hoarsely. Brenda looked at Rachel who was grinning at her innocently.

"You totally just stole my boyfriend."She said. Rachel shrugged, laughing.

"Well, he's just to huggable!"

"Which is why he's my boyfriend!" Brenda exclaimed jokingly. Sam smiled slightly at her and mouthed,

"Help." She grinned at him and walked over to him with the thermometer,

"Open up baby."She cooed. He glared at her while everyone else laughed.

"Not funny. I'm not a baby." He said but did as she asked and sighed.

"Do you want some more water Squishy?"Brenda asked. He nodded. She took the thermometer out of his mouth when she came back with the water. She cussed.

"What's his temp?" Puck asked.

"102.3. Hang on a minute." She said and went to the kitchen and got some Tylenol. She gave it to him and he took it."If your temperature doesn't go down, and if it goes any higher, your going back to the hospital. I don't care what you say." She told him. Rachel had finally gone back to Finn since he'd been whining about her hugging Sam for so long. Brenda lied back down with Sam in the same position they were before. Mary, Donna, Dwight, and the three kids had gone out with the Evans, including Sam's grandparents, uncle, aunt, and cousins. Now it was just Finn, Puck, Rachel, Quinn, Mercedes, Chord, Brenda, Sam, Blaine, Kurt, Santana and Brittany. Mary kept texting Brenda to make sure Sam was okay. It was now 9:30 PM. Everything was quiet until Sam sneezed. It wasn't an insanely loud sneeze as if something exploded, but it was a quiet sneeze. The girls started giggling.

"Dudes aren't supposed to sneeze like that."Puck said.

"He probably sneezed like that because it hurts."Quinn said, smacking Puck.

"Exact-*sneeze*ly." Sam mumbled. He started sneezing, one sneeze after another. Mercedes and Quinn were saying 'Bless you' after every one but gave up after about the tenth sneeze and Mercedes said,

"Ya know what, bless you for the rest of the day." Which made everyone laugh.

"Thank *sneeze* you."He said between sneezes. After a few more he finally stopped, which he was thankful for."I hate being sick."He whined hoarsely. Then he burped."Uhhh, that didn't help my throat."He grunted as he turned onto his other side to grab his water bottle, which Brenda had changed since Puck nearly knocked the cup over a little while ago. He unscrewed the top and drank some.