Chapter 48

Third Person POV

Eventually, the medicine wore off and Sam started feeling bad again. Brenda had gone with her mom, Mary, grandma Evans, and Mercedes, grocery shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. The remaining people, practically everyone, was there and they were getting on his nerves.

Sam's POV

I feel like absolute shit right now. My head is killing me, my stomach hurts, my whole body is sore, my throat hurts, my nose is stopped up and I'm freezing cold. I love these people, I really do, but they're just too loud for me today. I stood up, grabbed  my pillow and blanket, and walked upstairs.

"Where you going bro?" Chord called. I didn't answer him. I just got on my bed, pulled the sheet and comforter over me, and fell asleep.

TIME SKIP

Brenda's POV

When mama, Mary, Mercedes, grandma Evans and I got bacl from the store, everyone was still there, in the living room, except Sam. I put the bags I had in my arms on the kitchen table and asked,

"Where's Sam?"

"He went up to his room about an hour ago. Hasen't come back down since." Chord answered. I groaned and made my way upstairs. I went in and saw him laying on his back, one arm laying across his eyes. I smiled and shut the door. I walked back downstairs.

"Is he alright?" Mary asked.

"Yeah, he's asleep right now."

"My poor baby."She mumbled going into the kitchen.

TIME SKIP

Brenda's POV

Later that day, after everyone left, and the people staying with us were swimming in the indoor pool and hot tub. The only people not in the pool is me, Sam and Mary. Mary and I were sitting in the living room, watching TV, when Sam came down and sat between us, hugging his mom around the stomach with his head on her shoulder. We both looked at him and he had his eyes on the TV, not paying us any attention.

"How are you feeling Sammy?"I asked. He grunted in response. I laughed."Did you have a good nap?"He coughed and said,

"Yeah."

"Why didn't you stay down here with everyone else?"Mary asked.

"I have a major head ache and they were just to loud for me."He answered. I got up and gave him some more Tylenol.

"Thanks, B."

"You're welcome." Sam fell asleep again with his head in Mary's lap. She ran her hands through his hair for a while.

"I miss this."She said out of no where.

"What?" I asked.

"Him doing this. He used to do it all the time when he was little, when he was sick or had a bad dream, he'd come lay in the bed with me and Dwight."She said."This is the first time he's done it in a long time. I just miss him being my little boy. He grew up way to fast."

"He'll always be your little boy. Even when he moves out, gets married, and ha kids of his own."The good thing about that is, I know it's going to be you."I smiled.

"Yeah. I love him more than you know."

"Trust me, I do. I can see the love in both of your eyes. If you didn't love him like you do, you wouldn't be here right now, you wouldn't have stayed by him while he was in the hospital, the first, second, and last time. A lot of people don't stay with their partner unless it's true love. You two definitely wouldn't have dated each other for two years if you didn't love each other."I smiled again and nodded.

"Yeah, you're right. But I love him for more than his looks and body. I just hope he knows that, since he told me that when he was dating Quinn, before I come into the picture, the only reason she dated him was because he had an awesome body and was popular."

"I'm pretty sure he knows that, sweetie. I just have one question for you." 

"What?"

"What is your favorite thing about him?"

"Besides his amazing personality, I love when he smiles and the dimples he gets at the corners of his mouth."

"Really?"

"Yeah! I love when he smiles anyway, because it makes me smile, but I just think his dimples are cute!" She looked at Sam who was apparently awake, but trying to fake sleeping. She knew that because he was trying not to smile."Sam,have you been listening to us the whole time?"

"Maybe. Just the part about me and my body and after that." He sat up grinning."And I know you love me for more than my body. Because I love you for more than just your body and your pretty face, even though I love both."He whispered the last part in my ear. I smiled and hugged him. Mary got up and started walking towards the kitchen.

"Ah, young love."I heard her say.

 I hope y'all liked it! Let me know what you think and sorry for the mistakes!