Chapter 55: Birthdays and Nationals

AN:Each part of this chapter will be titled, and they'll be like mini chapters all in one, and I've  decided to just do the Spring Break chapter after this one..Plus, there is gonna be some Chord/Mercedes stuff in this.

Same night as Prom

Third Person POV

 Everyone decided to go to Brenda's house right after prom to check on Sam. They were insanely loud walking in, not expecting them to be asleep on the couch.

"Really?" Sam yelled from the living room.

"Sorry, we didn't know you two were asleep dude." Finn said.

"S'okay, what're y'all doing here anyway?" Sam asked, sitting up. Brenda grunted, still asleep,and not liking the fact that her 'pillow' moved. She put her head in his lap and got comfortable again. Sam started playing with her hair like usual as they sat down.

"We came to check on you, duh." Rachel said as if he was supposed to know.

"Oh, I'm fine." He said nonchalantly.

"Really? You didn't look like it earlier. Unless you and her did...You know what." Jake said wiggling his eyebrows. Brenda, who couldn't sleep since they were so loud, picked up a pillow and threw it at him.

"For one thing, that is none of your business whether or not we did, and just so you know, we didn't do anything inappropriate either." She said sitting up. She pouted like a toddler who didn't have a long enough nap. Sam reached over and grabbed her by the waist.

"If you tickle me, I won't hesitate to hit you." She warned.

"I'm not." He pulled her into his lap and hugged her close to him. She sat in his lap, legs on either side of him, with her arms wrapped around his back under his arms, and her head on his shoulder. She looked up at him and said,

"I'm seriously comfortable right now."

"I can tell." He chuckled. He leaned back on the couch.

"Mercy does that all the time." Chord said plopping on the couch.

"She's not to heavy for you?" Jake asked. Everyone looked at him. Chord looked pissed.

"Don't even say anything about her being 'big' because she's not. I can't stand when people insult her like that. She's not damn it heavy!" He exclaimed and crossed his arms.

"You're a serious idiot. Just like Puck." Marley said and walked away from him. She sat between Sam and Chord.

"I didn't mean it like that." Jake said. He sighed when everyone glared at him and he left again.

"Don't worry about it baby Chord, I don't care what people think about me." Mercedes whispered.

"I don't care, I don't like how people call you fat and ugly or disgusting. Or say that I'm to good for you because I'm white or some shit. I'm seriously tired of it."

 "Come with me." She said and stood up, holding a hand out. He sighed and let her pull him up and followed her into the kitchen. He leaned against the counter. She stood in front of him, hands on her hips.

"Chord, if it doesn't faze me, it shouldn't faze you." She started.

"Mercy-"

"No, let me talk." She said." My entire life, I've been a big girl. When I was born, I weighed more than a usual baby. But, since I started school, I've been picked on, called dirty names, straight up bullied by the same people for years and years. I've learned to deal with it. I accept my self for who I am, which is what I wish they'd do, but it's never going to happen. You know why?" He shook his head."Because they're heartless, and if they eve care about anyone, it's only themselves. Jake especially, when he got in the fight with Sam, he didn't care that Sam was already hurt in the first place. He didn't care that he hit a girl. You probably think that I'm crazy, saying all of this, but it's true." She said, her voice cracking. His eyes turned red and watery looking as she talked."I've learned to deal with it, so you need to deal with it to. Nothing is going to change. The fact that you, or any body really, ever liked me, let alone loves me like you do, still surprises me to this day."Tears were running down her face now, and a couple fell down his as well."And you know I hate when you cuss, no matter what word it is. I hate when you get upset." She finally finished her speech and put her hands in her face. He pushed off the counter and wrapped his arms around her. She automatically hugged him back.