Chapter 52

Monday, February 13, 2017

Brenda's POV

 "Can you believe I'll be 19 Saturday?" Sam asked me.

"Well, it's not just your birthday you know. I mean, it's Chord's too and Jenna's." I replied sarcastically. He playfully glared at me and stuck his tongue out." But no, I can't believe it. We've almost been together for three years you know, and just think, you'll be 20 next year!" He tackle hugged me and started tickling me on the floor. We were in the choir room, everyone was watching us. I started laughing.

"Stop! I'm gonna pee!" I squealed.

"You are so lucky right now." He said and kissed me. He stood up and helped me up. We sat down as Mr. Schue wrote 'Love Songs' on the board.

"Tomorrow is Valentines day, but we're gonna sing love songs all week, because prom is on Friday, and Sue should be announcing the candidates for Prom Queen and King any-" The intercom buzzed and Coach Sylvester's voice was heard.

"Prom is this Friday, whoopee doo, and the candidates for prom king are Stoner Brett, Bryan Hanson, and the big lipped blonde him self, Sam Evans."

"Yes!" Sam fist bumped and I laughed at him while everyone congratulated him.

"The candidates for prom queen are Bree Welsh, Kitty Wilde, and Brenda Jackson. Have fun voting losers." The intercom buzzed again and turned off while I high fived Sam and he kissed me on the cheek.

"I honestly don't care if I win, I'm just happy to be nominated." Sam said. I snorted.

"You're a trip, seriously." He just grinned." Chord and Mercedes will be here-" They walked in when I said that."Now. Why does everyone do that. If I said that my dads parents were about to walk in with my mom they-" I looked at the door and they were there. I did a double take and looked at everyone shocked.

"Ahaha, hey grandma, grandpa." I said slowly.

"Get your butt over here young lady and give us a hug!" Grandpa Jackson exclaimed, waving his hand at me. I made my way over to them and hugged them both. Then I looked at mama like 'why the hell didn't you tell em they were coming.' And I actually pulled her to the side and asked her.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me they were coming?" I whispered harshly.

"I didn't know! They just showed up this morning. Scared the shit outta me, I'll tell you that. They want to meet Sam."

"Oh hell. He's screwed."

"Yeah, he is."

"You're not supposed to agree with me!" I exclaimed, making everyone look at me.

"So," Grandma Jackson drawled out," Who, is my granddaughters boyfriend?" Everyone looked at Sam, who was trying to hide behind Finn and Rachel, who were visiting again. I quickly walked away from mama and to Sam, taking his hand, making sure he's somewhat behind me.

"Um, Grandma, grandpa, this is my boyfriend Sam."

"The one who lives with you correct?" Grandpa Jackson asked.

"Yes sir." Sam said, bravely, might I add. Grandpa held a hand out and Sam shook it. I could tell that he Grandpa squeezed his hand hard, because I heard his fingers cracking.

"Grandpa." I warned and he let his hand go. Sam just smiled and put his hand down. Then, Grandma Jackson decided that she wanted to hug him, so she held her hands up for a hug. I looked at Sam worriedly. He shrugged and hugged her. I figured that she wasn't gonna be like grandpa and hug him like any old lady would. But, I was wrong, because a few seconds later, I heard something else cracking. I pulled grandma off him and glanced at him, and he told me with his eyes, 'that shit hurt, both times. How can old people be so damn strong!'