MINSEOK (EXO - Xiumin) A New Chapter

Who else loves that man's smile? ❤

---------------------------

You did not know how to react. You just stayed there on your bed, frozen, with the result in your hands.

The result that could change your life drastically.

You don't if you should be happy or nervous or scared. But the thing is, you're having a mix of those feelings.

You were happy because you really wanted to have a kid. But the thing is, you are nervous of the possible outcomes especially that you aren't married yet. Aside from that you are also nervous of your boyfriend's reaction.

And lastly, you're scared. Negative thoughts that are flooding your mind started to scare you.

"Y/N! I am home!"

You jumped when you heard Xiumin enter your shared apartment.

You quickly got off the bed and hid the stick. Then you went to the living room and greeted him with a hug.

"Hey." you grinned up at him. Somehow, all the negative feelings slipped away as you saw him. Maybe this is how it just really is when you are with the one you truly love. "You came home today," you added.

"Of course. It had been days since I have been staying at the dorm. I missed sleeping beside you, waking up next to you... I missed your cooked meals," Xiumin goes on. But you stopped at 'cooked meals'.

"Oh no..." you uttered, your fingers on your bottom lip.

Xiumin blinked at you and questioned, "What do you mean 'oh no'?"

"I haven't cooked dinner for you... In fact I haven't ate dinner yet," you replied, embarrassed by that fact.

He looked at you sternly as he placed both hands on his hips. "You haven't ate dinner yet?" he asks and you shook your head. "It's already late. If I haven't mentioned food that means you would forget all about it??"

"Sorry..."you mumbled.

Then his face softens and he walked over to you and wrapped you in his arms. "Let's look at the advantage, jagi... I would be cooking for us this time," he says and you cannot help but to smile at him.

"And I would help you," you giggled softly.

"Let's go?" he smiled and the two of you headed to the kitchen to cook.

-------

Xiumin stayed with you for days and you almost forgot about your pregnancy.

You would usually remember whenever you do nothing but then it slips away from your mind. You plan on telling him already but you just cannot find the right time.

And the fact that you two are having so much fun together in your free days made you fear that if admit to him, it might ruin everything. Even his career as an idol that he cherished and worked hard for the most.

You have no problems with your own career as you are a neurologist in a hospital. Your pregnancy won't really affect anything with that.

One day, you were out to do some groceries. Xiumin wanted to come but they were called for a sudden practice. So you went alone.

You arrived home soon since you did not have that much to buy anyways. Thus, you had no problem carrying the bags.

You huffed slightly as you placed them down to take out your keys.

But as you twisted, you realized it was already open. Maybe Xiumin was already home.

You pushed the door open and brought in the bags of groceries. Leaving it in the kitchen, you walked back to the living room to check where Xiumin could possibly be. Because only the two of you have access to your apartment.

"Xiumin??" you called out. "Xiumin?" you repeated, a bit louder when there was no response.

You decided to move and check the rooms. Finally stopping at your bedroom, you pushed the door open.

There he was, holding a familiar stick in his hands. The sight made your heart thump.

"Xiumin..." you uttered.

The latter sensed you where already there. He tore his gaze away from the object he had on his hands then to you who is still frozen on the doorstep.

You did not know how to react, but you did felt very nervous.

There was no emotion plastered on his face which made the nervousness worsen the slightest bit.

"How long is your pregnancy, Y/N?" his voice was gentle which made you breath a bit easier. But the fact that he called you by your name says that he is serious.

He stared at you, waiting for your answer.

"Two weeks and a-a half," you croaked out.

"How long since you found out?" he inquired.

"A week already..." you uttered, almost voiceless.

Xiumin placed the pregnancy stick down on the bed and walked up to you. He held you hand and gently pulled you in, closing the door.

He was so gentle but he still looked serious. And you still felt nervous, but the fact that he is more calm than you expected made you feel a bit better.

"How long were you planning to hide this from me?" he asks you.

You shook your head and looked down on your hands. "I... I did not mean to hide it from yo--"

"But you still did," he cuts you off. "Why did you have to hide it from me?"

Tears started to form in your eyes.

"Y/N..." Xiumin calls out softly, placing his fingers under your chin to tilt your head towards him. "Look at me... Answer me..."

"I-I'm scared," you whispered. "I and scared to ruin everything... Your career, our relationship... Everything that we have," you cried softly.

Xiumin sighed and wiped away the tears that had escaped with his thumb. He smiled at you and spoke assuringly, "There is nothing to be afraid of, Y/N... Nothing would be ruined. Not my career... Not what we have... And especially not our relationship. I won't let that happen. In fact, this added something new. We just opened up a new chapter in our lives, Y/N."

You smiled through your tears. "Thank you, Xiumin..."

He smiled and hugged you tight.

"We can do this, Y/N... I love you," he whispered softly in your ear.

You beamed and hugged him tight. "I love you too, Xiumin."

-------------------------------

Thank you guys for reading :) I hope you guys liked it!

Love lots ❤

-Unnah