YIFAN (EXO - Kris) I'll Be Waiting For You

It was Saturday, a lady day for you.

To be honest, you've got a stack of school stuffs waiting for you but you decided to call this day a lazy day.

Anyway, you were just lying on your bed, staring up into your pale pink ceiling which started to have cracks forming due to how old it is.

You felt miserable the past few days. You just can't accept the fact that your best friend is moving away. If only it's just to another town but this boy is going west, and you have nothing to do about it no matter how much you just want him to stay.

So, you decided to make what you thought was a logical move. You started hanging out with him less and try to avoid him at some times that are possible so that when he leaves, it wouldn't hurt as much.

But oh, boy were you wrong. The feeling you have right now is a lot heavy.

You feel like you have just wasted the time that you could've spent with him before he parts. It was like you wasted every possible second you could have left with him.

You could have made more memories.

But you avoided him.

The worse thing, he is leaving tomorrow at 4 a.m. and it is already 6 in the evening.

The silent and dreadful atmosphere you currently had was interrupted by your phone ringing.

It took you a while to sit up and reach out for your phone that sat on your bedside table. You looked down to check who the caller was.

"...Kris..." you uttered.

Hesitantly, you pressed the call button and raised it up to your ear.

"Y/N! I was just wondering if you are free today? Maybe you'd like to hang out just a bit before I leave??"

Without thinking straight, you replied, "That sounds great, Kris... But I really have a ton of homework to do," and you regret that immediately.

"Oh... Uh... If that's the case then it's fine."

You heard him chuckle on the other side while you just tried to keep the tears in. You never felt so stupid. You wanted to take it back but it seems like you can't function well.

"I'll go now then... See you when I see you..."

"K-Kris, I-I---" you stammered but he already hung up. You can tell he sounded pretty disappointed, but who wouldn't be? He was hoping for the last chance to be with his best friend before leaving but then you came up with the worse excuse to not go with him.

But it isn't too late to alter what's supposed to happen anyway.

So without thinking twice, you hopped off your bed and quickly ran off to Kris' place.

Once you arrived, you knocked on his door a bit too hard since you were also busy catching your breath. You were panting wildly when the door opened revealing your best friend in his own sweater and sweatpants.

"Y/N, I thought you---Oh!" he was about to ask you something not until you wrapped your arms around him for a hug.

"Kris.." you cried as you hugged him tightly. "I-I am so sorry..." you added as your tears soaked his sweater.

Kris cannot help but laugh secretly and got both of you inside the house.

"Y/N, you're here." you immediately pulled away after hearing the voice of his mom.

"Hey, Mrs. Wu," you greeted.

"I thought Kris told me you have a bunch of homework to do," she said. She immediately noticed your tear-stained cheeks but didn't bother pointing that out. Instead, she told her son to, "Why not bring her to your bedroom, hun? Then both of you come down for dinner."