MINSEOK (EXO - Xiumin) Skating Rink

"...Sorry guys, can't come with you," you sighed, pressing your phone lightly on your right ear in order to hear what your friends on the other line has to say.

"Aw, come on.."

"Don't you want to hang out with us??"

"What's the matter?"

"Why don't you want to go??"

They all interrogated at the same time.

You chuckled. It's as if they couldn't go without you, like you guys share the same feet. "You guys do know I don't know how to skate, right?"

"We can teach you."

"You guys taught me last week. Plus, I don't want a fresh new set of bruises... The former ones just healed," you reasoned out and you heard their sighs and whines in protest. "Come on, guys. I promise, I will try to go out next time."

"Promise?"

You nodded, but since they can't see you, you answered a, "Yeah."

You and your friends bid your goodbyes to each other and hung up.

You sighed and plopped down onto the bed, your arms stretched wide on each sides.

Boring. That was what you describe the exact moment.

Not knowing what to do, you tried to roam around your bedroom and look for something to be busy with. But nothing seemed to interest you.

Then all of a sudden, your eyes landed on the pair of skating boots that sat beside the door of your room.

You shut your eyes and continuously chanted to yourself, "Remember the pain you felt for trying... Don't be tempted to skate... You said no to your friends... Don't be tempted to skate... You don't want anymore bruises... Don't be tempted to skate."

But apparently, that did not stop you.

You found yourself walking your way towards the nearest skating rink to your house. Gladly it wasn't the one your friends planned to go to, for then you would be embarrassed by the fact that you cannot stay true to your very own words.

It wasn't that far and there was not much people at the rink. In fact, you found yourself alone once you arrived.

You don't know if you would be relieved that no one is there to see you fall a thousand times or be worried that there wouldn't be anyone to cover up your fall.

Because if you do, it will be very evident.

And loud.

Sighing, you made your way right beside the rink itself and changed shoes. There were railings built so your managed to help yourself up and start skating, but still with the help of holding onto the rails.

You felt nervous but happy at the same time. You always wanted to learn how to skate ever since but you just can't seem to know how to.

So for minutes, you just circled around the rink, following the railings which you had never let go of from the start.

Then you tried to lift your hand up every once in a while, quickly grabbing when you felt like you needed to.

Soon, you found yourself going around in circles while barely grabbing the rail.

"Awesome!" you silently chuckled to yourself as you continued to skate on your own.

You were grinning from ear to ear. You felt proud of yourself for being able to succeed even the slightest bit at skating. Because the last time, you can't even stand straight on the rink.