YIXING (EXO - Lay) Comfort

Dayuuuum, Lay~

---------------------------

Your heart was pounding against your chest as you gazed on your father who held an oh-so-familiar card in his hands.

Obviously, he wasn't happy. And to think of that made your heart drop because whatever was on that was a result of every ounce of your hard work.

He sighed harshly, slightly slamming the card on the table. "What kind of grades are these??" was his remark.

Your elder sister, Hwajin, who was right beside your dad decided to butt in, defending you. "Father, t-these are actually quite high compared to some--"

"But it isn't the highest," your father cuts off.

You felt anger boiling inside you and uncomfortable tightening feeling upon your chest. Instead of trying to make you feel better, even your own thoughts started to degrade you.

"Every member of this family had always been on the top of their class, but why can't you??" he added, as if a cherry on the tip of your ice cream made up of everything negative.

"Dad---"

"Hwajin," your father cuts off in a stern tone. And then turns to you and asks, "Why can't you be like your sister? She is best in almost everything."

"B-But Y/N's good at dance," the latter spoke up in order to lighten the mood and shine a little spotlight on you. Indeed, it made you feel a ton better and you flashed your sister a thankful smile. "She is the best dancer I have ever known and I can't even move a limb properly."

"Dancing," your father scoffed. "That is why you fail at academics because you put most of your time on stupid dancing!!"

As if like you can't contain it anymore, you suddenly blurred out, "It is not stupid."

Your father, with a gaze scarier than ever, looked you in the eyes which made you immediately regret what you have done. But you cannot help that at the same time,  you felt slightly proud for being able to stand up for your own self, even though you knew it wasn't going to last long.

"What did you say??" your father demanded.

"Dancing is not stupid.. It is something wonderful which I love to do," you decided to stress out. You loved to dance and you cannot just let anyone, not even your own father say anything bad about that.

"How dare you talk back to me?!" he hollered, standing up causing a loud screech of the chair on the floor and a loud bang as he slammed his fist against his table.

"Father," Hwajin called out softly but with the sound of fear.

"Calm down," your mother added in hopes to stop anything worse from happening.

But that wasn't enough to stop your father who is now angrier than ever. "Get out of here right now before I could vent my anger on you!!"

You immediately started to run, you ran out of your house the fastest you have ever been. And as you did, tear were endlessly streaming down on your face.

You didn't know where to go but you just ran and ran until you started to get tired. You found yourself meters away from an open basketball court and decided to go there.

It was like you were so tired of crying already that nothing came out. You wanted to cry, you wanted to relieve yourself from the pain you felt inside somehow. But even your own tears are not working.

You wiped the remains of your tears on your cheeks and say on the bleachers, hanging your head down low as you clenched your fists, trying to contain yourself. Because anytime now you could start screaming and trashing everywhere.