Upgrade

Jade jerked away and then felt his chest to feel a bowl on his chest.

Jade: I slept so good that I didn't even care about the bowl.

He still sounds super tired and he sits up from his bed and feels stiff as hell.

Jade: should not have slept in my suit.

———

Ruby was in her lab and was blasting "shine" on her speaker. She also hasn't slept in the last two days.

Ruby: I think that tonight is when our stars align Honey, it's time to leave the doubt behind
Take my hand cause you and I are gonna shine!

She jumps out of her chair as the song continues to play.

Ruby: I wonder if Jade is awake?!

She just shrugs and gets back to working on his suit which was basically complete. All she needed was to get the A.I in the suit.

———

Jade: she really does work hard? Wait. I need to ask her if she going to try and work for beacon. It would help to have a familiar face there.

He wipes his hair with a towel as he just got out the shower. He stretches and puts on his normal clothes.

Which was black sweatpants with black combat boots and a long sleeve black shirt. Even though he was ripped from his constantly active semblance he decided to keep it on the low.

He walks out the bathroom and gets to the living room. He flops on the couch and stares at the wall.

Jade: that suit is really not that good for day time. Hmm, I wonder if she is done by now?

He looks up to see Ruby's lab door open and for her to walk out carrying a suit that looked extremely different from the one he was using.

Ruby: take your shoes off and get in! This thing is awesome!

He quickly takes his shoes off and puts the suit on but it was extremely loose and hanging off him.

Jade: you expect me to fight crime looking like a deflated tire?

Ruby: press the spider!

He does so and the suit quickly fits around him and the bottom became hard feeling like shoes.

She then tosses him his hidden blades and web shooters. He puts the blades on and they basically morph under the suit and it's almost like they aren't even there. The brings up his wrist and his blades pop out along with the talons.

Jade: great. They work!

He puts both back in and puts on his web shooters which stay black and blend in.

Ruby: alright! Mina activate hud and suit functions!

A light blue hud pops up in his vision and he looks at his hands and sees his web fluid amount and he can cycle them without touching them.

Mina: it sure is great finally being activated!

A robotic voice rung out in his suit.

Jade: I think this thing is possessed?

Ruby: what makes you say that?

Jade: I can hear the voice of a my hero academia character in my head. The English version but it sounds more robotic.

Ruby: you smart idiot! That's the A.I, I installed! I based it off of her voice and personality but she should turn more into yaoyarozu when in combat.

Jade: so does that mean....you, my sister made an A.I out of my hero academia characters?

She makes an extremely plain face.

Ruby: yes.

Jades: best sister ever.

Ruby: damn right!

She jumps on him with a hug which he happily returned. After a few seconds, she gets off and backs up.

Mina: she hasn't slept in two days.

Jade's lenses narrow as he looks at ruby.

Ruby: did Mina just give me away?! I can deactivate you!

Mina: that is very true.

Jade: okay, okay. Argue with Mina later, you need to go to sleep. I'll test the suit while you rest.

Ruby: that would be nice...

He walks over and picks her up and heads to her room. He lays her on the bed and starts to walk away until she grabs his hand.

Ruby: can you change?

Jade: change what?

Ruby: change the way the public perceives the spider. I already know your good with the police but I want you to make a public name for yourself.

Sento: you want me to basically become a masked celebrity?

Ruby: that's exactly what I'm saying. I want people to feel safe when they see you swinging around.

Jade gets what she means and smiles.

Jade: alright. I'll do it. I'll become your friendly neighborhood spider.

Ruby: maybe even had the word "man" at the end of your name?

Jade: spider-man?

Ruby: yes. That sounds way better.

She then passes out and let's go of his wrist.

Mina: looks like you have quite the road in front of you?

Jade: Yup. Now let's start driving!

He opened her window and jumped out and started swinging through the city.

Jade: BE PREPARED VALE! HERE COMES YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN!

End of chapter 3 volume 1