Golden Rose

The dance was still going on, Jade and Pyrrha we're still sitting next to each other as Ruby went and left. No one noticed she had left either.    

Jade: you okay?

She looks up from her train of thought and looked at Jade.

Pyrrha: yeah! I'm more than fine! I'm amazing!

She stands up and stands in front of Jade.

Pyrrha: I've finally figured out what I want from you. I-

Yang: Jade! Have you seen Ruby?

The two look at Yang who was a little bit far away from them.

Jade: no, I had a feeling someone had left but I think it was Ruby. She probably went back to the dorm room to finally take off those heels.

Yang: hmm, makes sense. I'll leave you two to...what ever you were doing?

She turned around and left the two.

Jade: now what were you saying Pyrrha?

Her confidence to confess has left her by this point. She races to come up with an excuse.

Pyrrha: I-I want to go out to eat with you soon!

He knew she wanted to say something else but he just accepted her lie.

Jade: sure, we can go out to a cafe or something after school tomorrow.

Pyrrha: yeah...that sounds great!

The rest of the night went smoothly for the two and Jade also broke things off with Weiss as the dance ended but she didn't look especially heart broken. She barely showed any emotion at this maybe a little sad but it's either she's really good at covering emotion or she didn't really care.

He would just ask her later. 

—————

About a week has passed and both Weiss and Jade took their breakup well. He had his friends to cheer him up when things got a little rough for him but otherwise he's fine.

Right now Jade and Pyrrha were in Beacon garden. There was an assembly in a few minutes so they were passing time in here.

Pyrrha was also trying to confess but was either interrupted or stopped herself.

Pyrrha: what's your favorite flower?

Jade: hmm, White roses? I don't know I've never really thought about that?

Pyrrha nods and then sits down on a bench.

Jade: honestly you okay? You seem out of it sometimes like your thinking about something.

Pyrrha: that's because I am thinking of something.

He raised and eyebrow then Pyrrha shakes her head.

Pyrrha: nope, not telling you.

Jade: unfair, I literally tell you everything!

Pyrrha: even best friends keep some secrets you just decided not to keep any.

He sits down next to her and tilts his head back with a sigh. She puts her hand on his thigh and he's tried his absolute best not to get excited.

Jade: what are you doing?

Pyrrha: I just want to say I-

His scroll rings and he quickly got it out.

Lily: where are you and Pyrrha? The assembly starts in like two minutes!