beginning of the end

Jade was standing in his living room ready to head out until his tv turned red with a chess piece in the middle.

He turns back and stares at it as a speech goes over. He doesn't really pay attention to it.

Jade: I'm gonna have you stay in the city and in about.... maybe, twenty minutes, head to beacon. Got it?

Penny: combat mode, activate!

Jade: I'll take that as a yes...

He and Penny run out the door. With him putting his mask back up then swinging away.

————

Ruby was on her knees staring at the dismembered Penny.

Pyrrha who also was in shock couldn't move as a Nevermore pecked at the dome protecting them. Civilians run past her while she wasn't able to move.

She doesn't move until the Nevermore breaks through the dome and she gets a call in her visor.

She jumped forward and webbed one of Penny's swords to her.

She takes it and stabbed the Nevermore in the eye and used her spider arms to stay in place.

Ruby: I won't lose anyone else here!

She stabbed it deeper but gets flung off and but her spider arms stopped her.

Ruby: leave her alone!

She points her weapon to the Nevermore and it takes to the sky. It flies around for a bit and comes in for a dive bomb but was shot down by multiple rocket lockers.

It comes to a sliding stop right in front of Ruby.

Ruby: stupid bird!

She throws the weapon with full strength into Nevermore killing it.

She webbed it back and the lockers open up. The students arm themselves then the arena.

Ruby: Pyrrha-

She looked to her and Pyrrha had tears in her eyes.

Pyrrha: Ruby- I'm sorry.... I should've listened to-

Ruby: Pyrrha. This isn't the time... we have things to do. Once we're out of this, we can properly mourn her....

A rocket locket comes down next to her.

Ruby: but first. Let's do our jobs.

Ruby webbed her Pyrrha's weapon's to her and gave them to Pyrrha.

Ruby: you were set up. It's not your fault, and I believe you know that... but some things are better spoken.

Pyrrha just looked away then grabbed her weapons. She stands and wiped the tears from her eyes.

Pyrrha: I will avenge Penny.

Mina: looks like someone gotten a few lessons from Jade.

Ruby: Mina!

Mina: yeah, yup! I'm back, not fully online but back!

Ruby picked up crescent rose and unfolded it into its full size.

Mina: hm, hm, hm. So much went wrong, I told Lily not to update me, but she was all like, "no it's all good," and cut me off.

Ruby looked to everyone else who was looking at her.

Mina: time to leader up!

Ruby takes a deep breath and was about to speak until griffons land on the top of the arena.