Countermeasures

Jade was sitting on a balcony with Qrow. It was currently night and Jade was just staring at Qrow.

Jade: ... so, Qrow... why did you-

Qrow: what's your favorite season kid?

Jade: uh, Winter? But I need to ask you something about Ru-

Qrow: back when I was at beacon, we used to get into tons of trouble. How are you and Ruby fairing?

Jade: we get into trouble like every day. But more importantly-

Qrow: kid.

Jade: Qrow. I already know about the whole you and Summer thing! I know why you left too. well, i know a possible reason why you left.

Qrow: oh? let me hear it then.

Jade: your semblance is bad luck and you didn't want it affecting you family, so you left in order to protect them.

Qrow: close, but truth be told... I shouldn't be here.

He looks up to the sky then got out his flask. It gets webbed away from him.

Jade: as long as you're around me you won't be drinking, I'm not letting you drink yourself into a coma.

Qrow: it's my fault...

Jade: your fault?

Qrow: my fault that Summer's dead!

Jade's eyes shot open but he quickly composed himself again as Qrow turned around and leaned on the railing.

Qrow: it was supposed to be our last mission together. It was only me and her, everything was fine until we were attacked as we were going to sleep. I'm absolutely certain that my semblance had something to do with it.

Jade: what happened?

Qrow sighs and shakes his head.

Qrow: I've tried hard to repress this but here you go bringing it back up... but since you are her son-

Jade: that "her" should be changed to our. I'm your son after all.

Qrow: right. How's the luck?

Jade: we'll talk about this after you tell me how my mother died.

Qrow: right... well, as we were forcing our way out the building I accidentally shot some old flammable material that was left in the building. The whole thing went up in flames quickly and I was the only one to make it out. Summer sacrificed herself to let me out. As I was going back for her a tree fell down and landed right on me. I dropped my weapon so I was completely trapped to see the whole building burn in front of me. I sat there and cried like a baby the whole time as the love of my life burned to death... it rained overnight putting out the fire but I was still trapped as I was too weak to get the tree off me. without my weapon, there was no way I was getting out.

Qrow turned around and looked Jade in the eyes.

Qrow: the next day some Huntmans came to check out the fire and got the giant tree off me. I ran right into the building but never found anything except for cloak tatters and her weapon. I'm sure you can guess what happened from there from the flask.

Jade: thank you for telling me all that.

Qrow: you are my son... but I'd much rather not talk about this anymore...

Jade: alright...

A few minutes of pure Awkward silence passed by then Qrow got out his scroll then sighed.

Qrow: let's go spider boy. Looks like Oz needs me but he won't mind if you come along.

Jade: alright. It'll be fun.