the first day

In the ship heading towards the area of the mission the group of six sit.

Ruby: so what's with Oobleck suddenly leaving?

Lily: oh I don't know. I was called out on short notice but I have more than one reason to take over for this mission.

Jade: let me guess? We also have been assigned to protecting you?

Lily: yes! Did you know from me taking off my suit?

He nods and Lily's glasses have a blue tint to them.

Lily: Ruby why do you have a dog in you backpack?

She freezes at the reveal but the dog makes himself known by jumping out the bookbag.

Ruby: get back in here.

She whispered to the dog even though he was in full view.

Jade: I think it's a little late for that.

Ruby: what! Why is everyone staring at me! Jade stop looking at me or I'll force you to crossdress again!

He turned around to look at the wall.

Jade: nope. I've done enough skirt-wearing in my life.

He crossed his arms and continued to stare at the wall.

Lily: anyway! We're looking out for a White Fang base. So keep a lookout for anything suspicious we have to put a stop to it all!

Yang: so you have any weapons?

Lily puts on her glove that was her wristband.

Lily: Does this answer your question?

Yang looked up from the glove.

Yang: point taken. You always have a deadly weapon in you.

Lily: well, it's not deadly. It just has a blinding light, a sound wave to disorient a person and it's bulletproof. Otherwise, it can't actually do any damage. I'm not really the best when it comes to reacting so I'm not good in a fight.

Blake: I mean, you did make an entire suit to help you fight.

Lily: yup! I can call it too me at any time....I think. I've only done it within the school like twice.

Jade: I'm surprised my spider-suit hasn't blown up yet.

She takes an apple out her pocket and threw it right at Jade's head making him headbutt the wall.

Jade: the hell was that for?!

She hits him with the blinding light and he dropped to the ground rubbing his eyes.

Lily: language. Also, how can you dodge bullets but you can't dodge an Apple?

He was too busy rubbing his eyes in pain to answer.

Ruby: remember not to get on her bad side...

Her entire team agreed.

————

The ship was now hovering a few feet from the ground and everyone jumped out. Jade putting on his suit just as he hit the ground.

Jade: oh! Does it feel good to be outside the city sometimes! Reminds me of when I was younger.

Ruby: I get the same feeling. The city is just so suffocating sometimes.

He goes over and hugs Ruby.

Jade: no one else gets us...

Ruby: yeah...

Lily: ....you two are idiots.