Moving on

It was just about a day before Jade and Ruby depart from Patch. He was sitting in his room looking at the snowfall.

He enjoyed the snow as Winter was his favorite season, he could stay for hours just staring at it fall. He was broken out of his trance by a knock on the door.

He turned to see it was Summer with a letter in her hand.

Summer: it's for you.

Jade: a letter?

She hands it to him and he looked at the sender's name. "Pyrrha Nikos" was sitting comfortably at the top. It was exactly her handwriting too.

He quickly ripped open the note and started to read. "Jade, I'm safe and sound in Argus and I hope the same for you in Patch. There isn't a day that I haven't thought about you and I wish I could see you if only for a few seconds. I hope you may somehow make your way here as I'm not allowed to leave Argus. Remember, I love you and will until death."

"Love, Pyrrha Nikos."

After he finished reading the note he realized he was crying.

Summer: tears of happiness?

He nods his and smiles. He folded it back up then placed it in the windowsill.

Summer: I'll leave you alone now.

Jade: mom. Thank you for bringing me this. I needed it.

She smiled and walked over.

Summer: it really was no problem.

She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

Summer: love you, Jade. I'm gonna miss you.

Jade: I'm gonna miss you too, but we know Ruby. If no one goes with her, she'll just go by herself.

Summer: so someone has to watch over her. Who better then her older brother?

They both share a laugh and Summer stood up.

Summer: I'll see you later.

Jade: see you.

—————

It was about time Jade and Ruby left. They had just got done saying their goodbyes and were about to walk out the door.

Jade: you ready, Ruby?

She nods and hums in return.

Jade: you have no idea how much I don't want to do this. But I don't have a choice!

He opened the door and Ruby walked out. He follows closely behind and closed the door behind him, locking it as well.

Not long after Nora was standing in front of them.

Nora: heya guys.

Jade: Nora. How have you and Ren been?

Nora: fine for the most part. It's actually really hard getting here, did you know that?

Ren joins his friend.

Ren: seriously, we had to make a boat and row here.

Jade: really?

Nora smiles. 

Nora: nope! It was easy as pie getting here!

Before he forgets, Jade looked at Ren.

Jade: so who's that special guest you guys were talking about?

Ren: I thought you would've noticed by now, as she is about to spear you.