uncovered

A speedy return with Yang and Lily gets everyone moving again. As the day continues she pulled aside everyone except for Jade and Ruby.

But as of right now they were simply walking down a street.

Lily: someone find a-

Jade: building we can camp in?

Lily turns to him with a confused look but realized he's wearing his suit.

Jade: already found one. It's a a row house but has a giant hole in a room that you can see everything from.

He squints and catches an arrow inches away from his head.

Jade: what the hell!

Everyone looks surprised as he looks at the arrow.

Jade: who is out here? And why try to kill me with an arrow?

He stabs himself with the arrow and it breaks under the pressure.

Jade: it wouldn't even get through my armor. It wouldn't have gotten through my aura either.

Yang: the real question is how did you catch that?

Lily: it's a sense. Well, he tried to name it a tingle but I called it stupid and named it spider-sense. As he described it, it's a feeling in his head that tells him of danger around him and incoming danger. Paired with his amazing reflexes he can dodge just about anything. It also tells him of bad moves so it's kinda hard to beat him in games. Especially board games and gambling.

Jade: that's how I always win at rock, paper, scissors.

Ruby: no fair! The number of times we bet on that game!

Jade: it's not cheating if you don't get caught.

Yang puts her hand up to her chin.

Jade: sometimes my body moves on its own. Like the arrow, for example, my arm moved on its own. I wonder if I can do something like this on a bigger scale.

Ruby: oh wait! So like back at the beginning of school I seen you fall but you did something and landed fine!

Jade: another time where I wish it didn't do that. But let's get a move on, I'm hungry right now. Good thing she's here!

He grabbed Lily and threw his arm over her shoulders.

Lily: get off me!

Jade: she's a great cook!

Lily: I said get off!

————

The interior of the building was completely clear of anything and was a perfect spot for them.

They find a fine room with good space and sat down on the ground. They all make a relaxing sigh.

Ruby: we've been walking all day!

Lily: and your about to walk even more! Come on Ruby me and you are gonna secure the perimeter!

Ruby huffed and got up grabbing her weapon.

Jade: I'll go and look out the lookout. Wow, that sounds weird.

He goes over to a door and pulled it straight off hinges by accident.

He holds it up like it's nothing and turned to everyone else.

Jade: I forgot to take how old this place was into account.

Yang: just....don't hit anything. Okay?

He gave a thumbs up and placed the door down and walked onto the lookout.