Back in the saddle again

Everyone was getting settled in the temporary home, they had met the headmaster without Jade. 

Ruby and Nora were sitting in the living room as they were the first to finish unpacking first. 

It was weirdly silent throughout the house. You think all of them living under the same roof would end up with constant yelling. Well, that's how it was for Lily and Jade as those two have no sense of an inside voice sometimes. 

Ruby: So, Nora... how are you holding up? 

Nora broke out of her thinking and her head snapped towards Ruby.

Nora: Huh? Oh, I'm doing fine.

Nora looked conflicted. Ruby noticed and decided to ask Nora about it. 

Ruby: Are you sure you're okay? We're literally the only girls besides my mom. Wait, Penny too. But you get it. 

Nora: I'm just worried. 

Ruby: About, Jade? The doctors and Lily all said he would be perfectly fine. 

Nora: Eh? I know but I can't help it for some reason- 

The door literally flung open and Jade walked in and closed it behind him. 

Jade: Aye, whaddup? 

Ruby: What?! You're out the hospital?! But how?! 

Jade: Well, I did something most would call a "pro gamer move" and just left. I mean, I felt fine, I am fine. 

Summer then appeared in a flurry of white rose petals. 

Summer: My baby is alive!!!

She ran at him and he wasn't ready at all. She jumped right onto him and gave him a very strong hug. 

Lily: The hell is all that noise?

Lily peeked around a corner after coming downstairs and seen Jade being choked out by Summer. 

Lily: My brothers alive!!!

She ran over and jumped onto Jade. 

Just about everyone in the house was now in the first-floor living room except Penny. She soon did come around and seen Jade being smothered to death. 

Penny: JADE!!

She went over and jumped into the pile of people. 

Ruby: I'm gonna get my hug after. 

Jade just weakly put up a thumbs up.

Ruby: Glad to have you back.

Time quickly passed and Jade was in his room reading manga. He and Lily had houses all over Remnant but the main was in Vale, he had stuff here that he liked. Primarily, a lot of novels and manga. 

Mostly otaku stuff.  

A knock on his door tore his attention away from his Goblin Slayer manga. 

 Jade: It's unlocked. 

The door slowly crept open and Ruby in her pajamas came in the room. 

Jade: Oh, hey. What's up? 

He tossed his book in the air and shot a web to it sticking it to the ceiling.

Ruby doesn't say a word but fell onto Jade giving him a big hug. 

Jade: Ruby? 

He then felt his shirt dampen. He could tell she was crying as she gripped him even tighter.