Unread story

I've notice him around, but I was too shy to make my move.

So, I gather my books and headed outside the cafeteria. Looking back, I've seen his smile, who sends chills on my back.

I was trapped in my own world since I lost my parents and he only thing had left was a fancy, vintage, bookstore.

The dusty pages, helped me to survive in a grey world; to bring back to life the colors I forgot to see them around me.

In one day, I've heard the door opening; but being caught right in the middle of a story, I didn't payed attention, letting the customer to decide himself what will choose.

After few minutes, I heard someone's voice;

"Why the books don't have prices?"

"Because I have a store rule. If you only want to read, and not to keep the book, I will borrow the book. But, if you want to keep it, but don't have money, you will help me in store few hours." I said without looking at that person.

"But what if I want to pay for it?" Replied after few moments.

"The price is on a piece of paper, on the last pages."

I put the book down, looking for my customer; after few minutes I've seen someone, coming with arms, full of books.

"For half I will pay but for the other I don't have money. How many hours will cover their cost?"

I remain without words, first time in many years; in front of me was staying him; the man I always seen him eating alone, or drinking his coffee, at the same cafeteria as me.

"Umm, five books...that will be two hours of each. Is good for you or you wanna give up at some?"

"No, it's perfect. See you tomorrow." Said, handing me the money, and heading outside.

Next day, when he came, I put him to move some books on other shelves.

I was feeling good around him; the way he laugh, or humming a song, made my mind to travel in other dimension.

"Shannon, I think is time for you to leave. You stayed almost three hours." I said looking at the clock; the truth was, that I wanted to see him in every day, and those hours, to never end.

"No, it's alright. I will consider, that I stayed only two hours. Anyway, is dark outside and I don't wanna let you alone."

"I'm never alone. The books are my friends, and I never leave from here."

"How's that? You don't go home?"

He sat next to me; his smell entered in every cell of my body.

"Here is my home. My apartment is upstairs." I blushed, thinking at "what if I will invite him there?"

But I kept my mouth shut.

Day after day, Shannon was filling my world with unspoken words, reveling new feelings that I never knew I have the, inside my heart.

"Well, this is your last day. Thank you for all your help" I hidden my sadness behind a fake smile.

"Can I be honest with you?" Said, taking my hand and lead me on a tiny couch I had there.

"I didn't came here for the books, I had enough money to buy them. The...(he sighed deeply) , only thing I came is you. I always saw you there, at cafeteria, reading and drinking your coffee alone, then leaving. I was passing through the town, when I spotted your car, parked outside."

I think, I that moment, my face had all the colors in the world; trying to say something but his mouth, left me with no air.

Those puffy lips, sweet tongue, and oh...warm hands on my body, was feeling so good.

Thank God, the store was closed and the windows was covered, with curtains.

"I want you...just let me into your world and I will show you mine" the words whispered in my ear, made to let a deep moan, close to his mouth.

Looking in each other eyes, our lips met again; with gentle moves, the clothes was falling down, piece by piece, until, the burning bodies was one, instead two.

Carefully, pushing inside me, he was exploring my breast with a hand, while the other was keeping my back; digging the nails into his shoulders, I was on the edge of pleasure...I don't know how we ended in my bed, resting my head on his chest.

Later in night, while I was admiring him sleeping, the only thing I wanted, was to be mine, forever, and, then, I knew, that my story had many unread chapters.

After 2 years.

Here I am, in a day I never knew that will come. Another glance in the mirror and I was ready; stepping slowly, few tears was falling down.

My Prince Charming was waiting for me, smiling, seeing his brother, leading me, trough the crowd.

Reaching in front of the priest, Shannon took my hand in his; was time, to became one, and to end my story with "And they lived happily ever after!"