Chapter Four

"I suggest that you just eat the food that you packed..." Changbin said as he helped Yongbok down from his horse. Bang Chan rushed over to help his friend, and Minho watched his cousin with worry. Currently, Hyunjin and Seungmin were upstream, gathering fresh water, and were not there to see the state that their friend was in.

"What happened?" Minho asked, as he helped Yongbok down to the grey, round rock.

"Prince, you should not dirty yourself with helping me," Yongbok said quietly.

"Nonsense! We are kin..." Minho brushed off his cousin's worry, and went back to questioning Changbin.

"We were in the market, and this rich young lord was jumped by a mere thief," Changbin told him. "Unless we are to go in groups, it would be safest for your men to just eat what they packed."

Minho nodded. If they were to try and get up that mountain tomorrow, they didn't need weak men, who could hardly stand as Yongbok couldn't. He turned to the men who were watching with worry and interest. "We will have to make due with what we have at the moment. It is unsafe to go into the village as of right now."

So, the men ate what they had brought, while Changbin and Bang Chan watched over Yongbok. When Hyunjin and Seungmin arrived back, they were thrown into a fit of worry at the sight of their friend, even when he assured them that he was recovering quickly. Someone made a fire, and there sat the young lords and masters as they ate the meat that Yongbok and Changbin had bought, and drank the sweet water from the mountains.

That night, Changbin would have had no place to sleep. He offered to sleep on the ground, as he said he often did, but Minho was horrified by that fact. He looked around for empty tents, which there were none. He then sighed, and offered his own tent. "You are needed to guide our men. It is better if you sleep. I have nothing important to do until we get over the mountains."

Yongbok had been quick to protest for his cousin. "No! Absolutely not! Prince, you can not sleep on the ground. Changbin will sleep with me, in my tent. There is more than enough space."

The prince and his cousin both glanced at Changbin, who had said not a word through the entire conversation. He now spoke up, "I will gladly sleep with Lord Yongbok, if that is okay with you?" he looked at Yongbok.

"Of course! I was the one to offer!"

Yongbok took Changbin back to his tent, which was almost as large as the first prince's. There, Yongbok sat down on his side, and took off his silk shoes. Changbin took off his own as well. Then, within minutes, Changbin was fast asleep, and Yongbok was quick to follow. The sun was barely down before their light snores could be heard from outside the tent.

~oOo~

The sun was hardly awake when the general exited his own tent with a large yawn. His brother, who also woke early, made his way over to him with a drowsy expression. "Good morning, brother," the captain said, as he quickly stretched like a cat.

The general put his arm around his brother's shoulders as they stared up at the mountain peaks together. "How do you suppose we get over that?" Jungkook asked. He frowned as he remembered an old tale that his mother had told him. "I hear that it is nearly impossible, unless you know the secret route to take."

Wonwoo's eyes narrowed. "Do you suppose Young Master Changbin knows this route?"

"I dare say I do..." Jungkook was almost certain that Changbin knew. There was something fishy about him. He knew his way through every nook and cranny in the Han Kingdom, and he had told them that if they traveled with him, they would go unbothered. Of course, with the state Yongbok had been in the night before, that was not a hundred percent true, but Jungkook had a feeling that if they came across any people that knew Changbin, they would have no problems.