Chapter Sixty Seven

"It's not this one!" Bang Chan whispered as he ran up beside Minho after desperately looking around the first tent. "He's not here!"

Minho's eyes narrowed and he nodded. "Then... we need someone to be disguised and to go search for him."

"Someone who's face isn't known," Bang Chan agreed. "So none of the royals, and not Changbin. That leaves General Jeon, Captain Jeon, or... me?"

"I can go," General Jeon offered and his brother nodded. "We can go together. We have some experience with that."

"Good. Then we need the same armor that the guards are wearing."

"You mean like the guards that we shot?" Min-hyung pointed out, nodding to outside the backside of the tent where they had collected the bodies. "Those should work, right?"

Minho nodded and went outside once more, making sure to be silent so the other five guards were not alerted.

A few of the young men quietly took the uniforms of the fallen guards and handed them inside so that the others could dress in them.

Minho looked down at the blood stain on his uniform's arm sleeve. "I really hope it's too dark for them to see," he muttered as he shook his head, looking over at where Changbin was also changing into the uniform of the southern soldiers. "Not bad. I think Yongbok would like that."

"You think so?" Changbin joked, trying to thaw the frozen and anxious mood that was taking over. If they messed this up... it could be disastrous.

"We have to go-"

"What do you think you're doing in here?" the footsteps of southern soldiers outside and the light of torches lit up, spooking Minho who quickly unsheathed his sword and was ready to spring at whoever entered the tent.

"Wait!" Bang Chan cried as he jumped forward and gripped Minho's arm. "That's-"

"Chan?" two familiar heads poked into the tent. "Is that you?"

"What?" Min-hyung cried as he peered forward. "What are you two doing here?"

Young Masters Hwang Hyunjin and Kim Seung-min stood in front of them dressed like true southern soldiers with wide grins on their faces.

"It is you!" Hyunjin ran into the tent and hugged Chan right around his shoulders before he bowed to Minho. "Your Highness!" he grinned.

"Oh, come here!" Minho pulled him into a hug. "What the hell are you doing here? It's dangerous!"

"We've been in here for six months!" Hyunjin answered. "We were sent in as spies six months ago, and we've been undercover all this time waiting for you guys and gathering knowledge."

"Well sorry for keeping you waiting," Minho pulled away. "More importantly, do you know where the Han King is being kept?"

Hyunjin and Seung-min shared a look. "We do, and you guys are way off. It's on the other left side of the camp, not the back!" he shook his head. "But it's insanely guarded. There's no way that you'd be able to sneak in."

"Then... we should just replace the soldiers that are on guard right now with ourselves. We're dressed like them as well, so we should be fine."

Kim Seung-min looked thoughtful. "There's a new rotation in about ten minutes and I know who's going to be on it. If you can sneak in and take them out before they go to their shift then you'll be able to take their spots. And only one of you can go inside and give him his food. That's when you can untie him and get out."

"Have they actually been feeding him?"

Hyunjin nodded. "Very well, considering he's a prisoner. They clearly don't want him to die very soon. They need him alive."