Chapter Twenty Five

Princess Jeongyeon's stomach was growing, making the country finally relax after weeks of no news from Crown Prince Jisung. Inside the palace, nobody but those who lived there knew what was going on.

Chaos. As the last week before the wedding, everyone inside the palace was scrambling to get everything ready. Surprisingly, the only ones who seemed to be at ease were the ones who were to be married. Minho sat inside his room and read books all day, and Jisung was stuck taking care of the kingdom's worries.

Both princesses were rushing to get everything set, Princess Jeongyeon calling for her husband, a foreign prince, to help her in her pregnant state, while Prince Min-hyung of the Lee Kingdom was taking care of all of the financial problems. Ji-hoon arrived soon after with Yongbok's brother, Lee Yongjae.

Yongbok was not happy about this. In all his attempts to get away from his brother, Yongjae always found him again and proceeded to follow him around.

"Who is this?" Changbin asked the morning after Yongjae and Jihoon arrived.

"Ah!" Yongbok glanced between his younger brother, who was taller than he was, and Changbin who was staring at him. "This is my brother, Lee Yongjae."

"Oh, nice to meet you," Lord Changbin bowed, and Lee Yongjae did the same. Then he stood back up. "So this is the new boy you've been messing with!"

"Lee Yongjae!" Yongbok hissed. He glanced at Changbin who was staring at him. "Go somewhere else!"

"I've heard a lot about you from my cousins, Lord Seo Changbin," he laughed, his eyes as wicked with delight. "You are really handsome, just like they said!"

"Uh, yes, thank you," Changbin mouthed something at Yongbok, but he couldn't tell what he was trying to say.

"What?" he whispered under his breath. "What?"

"I apologize, Prince Yongjae, but I need to speak to your brother for a moment. Do you mind?"

"Of course not!" Yongjae smiled widely and turned. "I'm going to bother Jihoon-hyungnim so don't mind me!" he skipped off as Yongbok and Changbin watched.

"I don't like him," Changbin turned back to Yongbok as he spoke bluntly. "He's nothing like you. He's not nearly as handsome."

Yongbok chuckled as he tucked his arms together and started walking off towards the courtyard. "I know... my looks can not be matched."

Changbin followed after. Their relationship still not as stable as Changbin would like, he does not press further and instead just walks by his side nervously.

Yongbok glanced at him. "Why are you so quiet?"

Changbin blinked. "What?"

"Why are you so quiet?"

"I'm just..." he smiled softly. "I am just enjoying the fact that I am able to be by your side. I enjoy this time."

Yongbok stared at her for a moment. Then he smiled back. "I do too."

Changbin didn't say anything more and instead he gently slipped his hand over to Yongbok's arm. Yongbok glanced at him, but didn't move away. Changbin slipped Yongbok's arm around his as they strolled around.

"Should we go out to the city?" Yongbok asked as he gripped Changbin's arm.

"Can we be missed? Should we bring some soldiers?"

"My lord!" Yongbok and Changbin whirl around and drop their arms as General Kim Taehyun runs up after them. "I don't mean to see like I'm eavesdropping, but General Jeon and I are heading out to the city, do you mind if we come with you?"