Chapter Thirty Two

Prince Lee Minho stretched from the bed, wincing at the pain from his head. He looked around his room, realizing that he was not in the same room that he would usually be in.

Right, he was in the Geulimjja Kingdom. He had been for three days now, and still his head was not healed. He was getting more and more used to being away from his family and kingdom, which made him guilty, but the stress-less lifestyle that was provided here as he healed was nice and comforting. Much like the life he used to live before he had come to marry the Han Crown Prince.

"Good morning, our prince friend!" Jongho marched into the room carrying a tray of food and tea with him. "How does getting up and taking a walk today sound?"

"That sounds good," Minho bowed his head and smiled in appreciation as the tray was set down in front of him.

"Good, good!" Jongho nodded. "I'll let the servants know, and you may go wherever you please!" he smiled, before backing out of the room, leaving Minho to his thoughts once more.

Yongbok was getting anxious from what Minho could tell from his notes. Not being home in three days and he was worried Minho would never return home.

Fortunately, Minho was not wasting his time that he had here. Gaining allies would be crucial to the survival of the Han Kingdom, which Minho was now to serve. He had been spending good time with the two captains, and even on occasion, the king himself.

This kingdom was nice, Minho had determined. There were few to none risks, happy people, a flawless law system, Minho almost wished that he had been forced to marry into this kingdom's bloodline instead of the Han's.

Minho shook his head. No, his kingdom was the Lee Kingdom and whoever his king ordered him to serve, he would serve. No matter what.

Thinking of the king made Minho frown. He had yet to send his brother a letter confronting the sudden stripping of his title. There had been no explanation that came with the announcement, though Minho felt it was safe to assume that Yongbok and Min-hyung had sent letters back home demanding one from the king and their other older siblings or cousins.

Minho stared down at the soup in front of him. He remembered the soup from the Han Kingdom was very rich in flavor. He picked up the spoon gently and pulled back the silks hanging from his arm so they wouldn't get into the broth. He dipped the spoon into the soup and took a sip.

This one was not as flavorful, but did have many different flavors which were not as strong as the Han Kingdom's.

"The soup tastes different, right?" Minho looked up to find Lord Hongjoong standing in the doorway. "Yeah, I know..." he turned and walked forward, sitting down at the table across from where the Lee prince sat.

"How would you know?" Minho asked, widening his eyes.

Hongjoong shrugged. "I travel a lot of behalf of the king. I also was born in the Han Kingdom, before the late King Han was murdered, and the queen as well. After that the kingdom fell into chaos for a few months before Master Kang and the other masters could pull it together."

"I didn't know that happened," Minho murmured, looking down at his lap in confusion. The Han Kingdom had fallen into chaos? He hadn't read about that anywhere.

Hongjoong must have sensed his confusion, before he smiled. "The Han Kingdom kept it quiet, making sure no one else found out. After news that the king and queen died, it would have been a very easy time to invade the country and take over. They didn't want that to happen."

"Of course not," Minho glanced up at the older male, before taking another sip of soup.

"Not that I'm pressuring you to leave, but when will you be returning back to your home?"