Chapter Forty Six

"Enough!" Minho mumbled, pulling his lips from where Jisung had locked them is a kiss for nearly half an hour. "My lips are going to fall off my face!"

"Then I'll catch them and they'll be mine forever," Jisung winked as he turned over in their make-shift bed. "I didn't think this would be what I'd wake up to just a few months ago. Seems like a dream."

"What?" Minho sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Seeing my beautiful face when you wake up?" he stood up and picked his habok up from the ground. "Well, I guess you got lucky. Hurry and get up, we need to get back."

Jisung also sat up but didn't make a move to stand up. Instead he cocked his head and asked, "What more can I do for these people?"

Minho glanced down at her. "I didn't think you were one to think about that."

"What?" Jisung glowered. "What does that even mean? I'm just asking you because..." he fidgeted. "I've never done this before."

"Oh," Minho scratched the back of his head and offered his hand down at Jisung to help him from the ground. "Well then you should provide food and shelter for them and money to rebuild."

"Will that help them a lot?"

"Of course," Minho pulled the king's hanbok from the ground and wrapped it around Jisung's shoulders. "They'll be very happy."

General Jeon and General Kim were waiting outside their tent, talking under their breath. They stopped and stood as the prince and king walked out. "Your Majesty, Your Highness, good morning," they said in unison.

"Good morning," Jisung nodded to the two of them and then let his gaze wonder of the early-rising villagers. Many men and women were already in the fields, counting the damaged crops and taking care of the ones that had been saved.

"I will send the needed supplies with more men to help with construction in a few days," Jisung murmured quietly to the generals as he looked around. "Come back home with me and take those boys with you. I sent horses for them already that will be coming within the next hour. I will leave Captain Kim here until the other men come, so you two come back with us."

The generals nodded and bowed to the king before going off to find the young boys they were taking back.

Minho nodded to Jisung and turned away, staring off at the mountain. "Let's head home now. I'm sure the kids missed us."

"Are you kidding? They probably didn't even notice since Min-hyung and Chan were probably giving them the most candy they've ever had in one day."

"Oh boy..." Jisung shook his head. The two of them went to sit by the dying fire until Jungkook and Taehyung had rounded up the five boys and sat them together in front of the king.

"We're going to live at the king's palace?" Soobin's eyes grew wide. "Really?" he looked down at his rumpled working-class clothes. "I don't know if we can-"

"It's fine, right?" Taehyun looked up at the King. "Your Majesty, will we be bothering you there?"

"No, it's fine," Jisung nodded to them. "You'll be no bother."

"Then will we join your guard? Or your army?" Yeonjun asked as he bowed his head to the king. He looked up with furrowed eyebrows. "You seem very young to be king though..."

Soobin slapped him. "You should not say that to the king!"

"Oh... I'm sorry, Your Majesty," Yeonjun bowed. "I am thankful that you are bringing us to your palace."

"Yes," his brothers bowed beside him. "We will serve you well in the army," Soobin murmured. "We will defend you and our country till our last breath."