Epilogue I

(AN: Short chapter probably. Just a summary of the following events.)

Minho was true to his promise and spent much of the rest of his long life with his family, staying by Jisung's side until his dying days.

However, while still alive Minho accomplished much. Like he had foretold, none of his older brothers ever had any children preferring instead to live their lives with the love of their male partners. That being said, Minho was the youngest brother and the only one with any children.

When his older brother passed away suddenly about ten years after the defeat of the Southern Five, the throne was abdicated to Minho who was torn between his family in the Eastern Kingdom and the throne in the Western Kingdom. Coming to a compromise, Minho found that this was time to act.

He and his husband, the king of the Han Kingdom, worked together to join both their kingdoms. Fighting hard with the royal court members as well as the subjects who disagreed with the merge, it was a long fight that took many years to accomplish.

In the meantime, Hei-ran grew up to be brave and curious and very, very smart. Sometimes too smart for her own good. She showed little interest in just sitting inside and reading books however. Instead she would run off to the hillsides with a few books tucked in a saddle back and read out in the sun by her mother's grave until dusk.

While Hei-ran was busy studying, Yeong found himself very different. He preferred to watch his parents work hard, going between the Han and Lee Kingdoms when his Lee father had work to do in his kingdom.

Yeong was the tie between both kingdoms, being the Crown Prince of the Han Kingdom as well as the Crown Prince of the Lee Kingdom. Unfortunately, that meant there was a large target on his back.

Luckily, General Jeon's adopted son was much like his fathers and intended on following in their legacy. But first, he became Yeong's best and trusted friend, protecting him every time someone tried to harm him. Of course, his parents would also do their very best to protect him in any way they could.

Hei-ran and Yeong grew very close once the merging of the kingdoms began, spending much of their time together and as teenagers, finding similarities.

Meanwhile, their parents hardly slept most nights and insisted on working until they fell asleep at their desks. It took them nearly fifteen years to finally merge their kingdoms together, but when they did, it was work well done.

Now named the Central Mujigae Kingdom, Minho and Jisung finally had time to sit back and rule their kingdom peacefully, sitting side by side in their throne room while Yeong and Hei-ran looked on.

(AN: 무지개 Kingdom. Go ahead, put that into Google Translate or whatever you want to use, ;)

After many, many years of long prosperous ruling, Jisung and Minho both agree that it was time for them to give up their thrones and let their younger, now adult children rule their kingdom, as they had grown to be very smart and mature young people.

At age twenty three, Yeong was crowned the King of the Central Mujigae Kingdom and as he was unmarried, his sister was the crowned queen.

Finding that they no longer had any work to do, the former kings retired to their old palace home near the mountains where Minho could run across the plains on horseback and Jisung could watch him with smiles on his face.

Joined by their old friends Lee Yongbok and Seo Changbin, the happily married couples lived the rest of their lives out in the San Palace.

At age seventy six, Minho grew very sick. Despite being very healthy as a young man, as he grew older his health had deteriorated. Eventually, he grew too tired to continue.