Chapter Twenty Eight

Minho was laying among the blankets, his upper body on full display and the wound, a large puncture to the side of his belly button was wrapped in white cloth, the blood bleeding through the wrappings.

But he was alive.

Jisung sighed as soon as he saw him, his eyes opened and blinking. At least his bride wasn't dead within an hour of them getting married.

"Why did you call for me?" Jisung leaned back against a red pillar. "Your family is outside losing their minds and you want to talk to me of all people?"

Minho managed a weak smile, though his lips and face were pale, he was still alive. "Aren't I supposed to be the best husband? What good husband doesn't talk to his wife when she's in pain?"

Jisung glared at him, but didn't move to argue since he looked like he had just come back from the dead.

"You shouldn't have taken that arrow," Jisung muttered. "It wasn't your place, or your problem, you should have stayed out of it, but-"

"Do I not get a thank you for saving you life?" Minho sighed, twisting to hold his side. "It hurts, you know!"

"I'm trying to thank you but you won't let me finish!" Jisung yelled, eyes lighting with fire. "I know that the only reason that you and I are targeted is because we are now married. And I know that you don't want to be married to me either, but thank you. I've been horrible to you and you still saved me."

Minho took in Jisung. "Are you also feeling unwell?"

"What?"

"Nothing. Never thought I'd hear you say thank you."

"You know what, I have business to take care of," Jisung stepped away from the pillar and turned towards the door. "I'll send someone else in."

"Wait!" Minho cried from his bed, trying to sit up.

Jisung turned to face him. "What?"

"Can you..." Minho's face went red. "Can you stay here please?" he flinched back, waiting for Jisung to yell and mock him.

The mocking never came.

"Okay," Jisung sat down on a soft feather-filled cushion. "I'll stay."

Minho stared at him, before laying back with a content smile on his face. "Thank you."

"Yeah, whatever," Jisung took one of the books from Minho's desk and began to flip through it.

Minho watched him, unblinking.

A smile formed on his face once more.

This was going to be a good day.

~oOo~

"General," Captain Jeon stood outside General Kim's room, where his younger brother was inside tending to him. "General, we have the information you requested. All masked-intruders have been taken into custody for questioning."

"Come in!" His older brother's voice came through the door, and the captain nodded, opening the door. He found the older of the two generals wincing in pain as his brother worked around the arrow head lodged in his shoulder. "Stay still!"

"It hurts!" General Kim bellowed, squeezing his eyes shut and shuddering as the younger of the two grabbed one of the several medical tools around him. "This is going to hurt more then," he lifted the cold medal and pried into the skin, shifting the arrow.

"OUCH!" Kim Taehyung yelled, before the arrow popped out.

"Oh, no wonder it hurt so much!" General Jeon picked up the arrow head from where it had fallen into a pool of blood. "HA! They're barbed!"