Chapter Thirty Nine

Jisung woke up early that morning, finding that he hadn't slept well the entire night. Not waking his wife sleeping beside him, he stood up from his bed, shrugged his red hanbok on, and walked out of the room. Maybe it had been the baby crying...

He made his way out to the courtyard where he had seen Minho with his new daughter a few days before.

They were leaving again today, Jisung realized. Minho, his daughter, Yongbok, Min-hyung. They were heading back to the San Palace once more.

"What are you doing out here?" Jisung turned to find his wife coming up behind him, her eyes narrowed and her arms crossed. "Who are you looking for?"

"None of your business," Jisung muttered, turning away from the courtyard. "Go back to the room."

"What are you saying? You don't want me to be out here?" the queen demanded in her shrill voice. "I have a right to be! I'm your wife, and the queen!"

"Know your place!" Jisung yelled, startling the queen. In the time that they had been married, he had never yelled at her before. "I made you the queen, and I can take that back as well. I can have your head put on the palace gates. Watch yourself."

He was turning to walk away, when she spoke, "It's Prince Minho, right?"

"What?" Jisung turned around to face her, her face gone red with anger. "It's Prince Minho that you're standing out here thinking of, right?" she stepped closer. "Is it because you married him first? Do you like him more?" she stood right in front of him. "Do you love him?"

Jisung stared at her, before walking away. "Leave it alone," he ordered as he walked back to his room and ordered the guards to keep her away.

The queen, realizing that she did not have the power over the king, grew more and more heated as she pondered the king's reaction. So he was thinking of the prince... and he did like him.

Her feral grin would have scared the hell out of anyone who was walking by as she realized something else.

She might not have more power than a king... but now, she had more power then a prince.

~oOo~

Minho found himself cradling the new Han prince early in the morning, watching Jeongyeon sleep in her bed soundly as he bounced the baby on his hip. Hei-ran he held his other arm as Yongbok watched with sleepy eyes.

"You really are looking more and more like a middle aged man, you know?" Yongbok muttered as he rubbed his eyes with his fist. "Who holds two kids at the same time like that? It looks like they're yours."

"Where is Jeongyeon's husband?"

Yongbok shrugged. "He's heading back to his home near the China border. He clearly doesn't care about his son very much," Yongbok shook his head. "Poor thing."

"He'll be fine," Minho wiped the drool from the side of Han Yeong's mouth. "He's a handsome little guy, isn't he?"

"Very," Yongbok muttered. "If only he didn't cry as much."

"He cries a lot more than Hei-ran because he's younger. Just watch. When he's older, he'll be more quiet."

"I'm sure," Yongbok stood up. "We should start getting ready to head back, right? I'll go get Bang Chan."

"Is Changbin coming back with us?"

Yongbok looked over his shoulder. "Yes. Is there something wrong? He's only going to stay for two weeks, or something like that."

"No, it's fine!" Minho nodded and Yongbok shrugged, walking out of the room. Minho was left with the two small children. He glanced at Jeongyeon. "Why don't we go on a walk?" he asked, pulling a wrap from the table next to him.