Chapter Seventeen

"Watch it!"

WHAM!

"I said watch it!"

Taehyung and Mingyu had been sparing, and as their fight had become more intense, they had not seen the Lee General approaching from behind. That is, they both did not. Taehyung did, as Jungkook was standing behind Mingyu, and Mingyu, swinging the butt of his sword in the air, was getting closer and closer to him, seemingly going to hit him.

WHAM!

Jungkook ducked a blow that would have hit his head, catching Mingyu's sword mid swing, catching the captain off guard, and sending him tumbling to the ground. Taehyung put his sword down, and went to smack his brother's head. "I said watch it!"

"Sorry!" the younger bowed his head to the general, who brushed it off, almost completely ignoring Mingyu's existence. "I want to go to the market again, but no one is here but you. Can you come with me?"

Taehyung, wiping sweat from his brow, nodded. "Yeah, sure. Let me get changed and then I'll be ready to go."

Jungkook nodded curtly before walking off.

Mingyu's eyes followed after him. "What a jerk!" he stood up, brushing his pants. "He could have apologized!"

"You were the one who almost sliced his head off," Taehyung reminded his little brother, who puffed in annoyance but did not argue.

"Do you like him then?"

"I never said that."

"Then you hate him?"

"I never said that either!"

"Then what? Do you hate him or like him?"

"I don't hate nor like him!"

Mingyu sighed, walking to sit down on a tree stump nearby. "Well I don't like him. I think I like his brother much more. He's taller too..."

"So you're saying that taller ones are better looking?"

Mingyu smirked. "Yeah, I guess so!"

"Come here!" Taehyung smothered Mingyu's hair, and the younger groaned, pushing his hyung off. "Go get changed!"

Taehyung smiled his boxy smile as he turned and walked away towards his room to get ready to go out with General Jeon. He enjoyed spending time with the general, but he also wanted to get out of the palace. The atmosphere was toxic for many reasons, one being the absence of Prince Yongbok, which not only bothered their own Master Seo, but Prince Minho as well. That, along with Prince Jisung and Prince Minho's hatred for each other, their servants on both sides created a rivalry between the two countries.

Taehyung shook his head. He didn't understand why all of this must happen. Why couldn't they all just get along? He had spoken of this out loud once, with his older brother and General Jeon, speaking of a time he hoped would happen in the near future, a time of peace.

General Jeon had shaken his head, saying, 'There will never be peace, for there is always conflict. As a general, you will soon find this out,". Damn him! Taehyung saw where Mingyu was coming from. He was really insufferable some times!

But then again, he was a war hero.

One whose tale had been told hundreds of times...

(Flashback)

"Everyone sit!"

General Kang, Master Kang's older brother, shouted. Seventeen year old Kim Taehyung sat down carefully, between Namjoon and Mingyu, before any of them had titles, and were merely training soldiers. The rush of voices slowly died down as General Kang waved his sword in the air. "SILENCE!"