Chapter Sixty One

The next morning, Minho woke with a groan as the sun was rising. He looked to his side where Jisung was still sleeping peacefully. Hei-ran was sleeping in her own room now, per her own request, and Yeong was sleeping in a crib beside their bed at the moment.

Minho stood up from the bed and changed into his robes, heading out to greet the early risers who were going to train. He himself went down to the training field and took a few rounds, shooting from the back of his horse before sparring with a few cadets.

By the time he had finished that much, Captain Jeon had already risen and come down to see what the young men and women in The Mountain were doing for training.

General Song was also awake, and he joined General Jeon as they watched Minho sparring, admiring his skills from where they stood up on the terrace.

Master Sang-hyuk was also up and watching, along with Minho's older brother. Once Minho realized he was being watched by so many, he paused and went upstairs to greet them.

"You didn't have to stop," General Jeon murmured as he bowed back. "We were simply admiring your skill sets from here. In the time you have been here, you have passed all our men. How is that possible?"

"I bet you were a good swordsmen from the start, and training here has just improved your skills," General Song said as he saw Minho's brother approaching from behind. "Your Majesty, good morning!"

"Good morning, Your Majesty," General Jeon also bowed his head along with Minho, before rising to leave. Minho stayed behind and stood side-by-side with the king. "Have you said hello to Min-hyung Hyungnim yet?"

"I have not. He retreated to his room before I got the chance."

"You should do that today," Minho urged. "I'm sure that he missed you since he did not return home. You should just go and see how he's been."

"I am not a good brother," Min-hyuk murmured with a shake of his head. "To any of you. I apologize for that."

"Putting a country full of subjects before just the few of us doesn't make you a bad brother," Minho looked out of the grasslands, the rising sun painting a beautiful scene. "We all knew that since you were young, you'd had a lot of worries from all over the country. It is only natural that you were preoccupied."

"And now I am sending you right into the middle of the fight," Min-hyuk sighed and lowered his head. "Are you sure that someone else can not take your place?"

"I have earned my place here, Hyungnim," Minho whispered as he closed his eyes and let the weak sun rays shine over his face. "I am willing to die for our countries, which is what I will do if need be. I will fight till my very last breath to come home to my family and my kids and my husband, but if fate has it otherwise, then... there is nothing I can do..."

"I will not even let fate take you," Min-hyuk shook his head. "Fate... fate can wait for another day to claim you. You have to come home and raise your children and watch them grow and love them with all the love that we never had."

"I will, don't worry."

"I never doubted that you would," Min-hyuk smiled and patted his brother on the back. "You have always been a good person like that. I have no doubt that your children will follow in your footsteps."

"Am I interrupting something?" Min-hyung asked from where he stood in the hallway, his eyebrows raised.

Minho glanced at his brother and nodded before taking a step back, letting his older brother speak together as he walked towards the kitchen.

"MINHO!" someone crashed into him from behind. He was shocked when he turned around to find the Geulimjja King standing behind him with a wide smile. "I missed you!"