Chapter Sixty Six

The King Lee was in the front of a long line of Lee soldiers that were spilling out of the mountain entrance to the Lee Kingdom, falling behind their king.

General Kim Taehyung and General Jeon Jungkook stood behind him, their long hair and red cloaks flowing behind them like a scene from a novel.

Minho jumped onto Cho's back and raced out of the forest to go see his brother and the many Lee soldiers arriving.

He was shocked at the scene he found.

Not only were there Lee soldiers standing behind him, but normal citizens that had come to fight for their country. Women unsheathed their swords, archers loaded their bows and everyone glared down at the valley.

Laughing and waving his sword in the air, Master Sang-hyun sat atop his prize horse. "We're coming for you, you sons of bitches!"

Minho laughed out loud and waved to his brothers, spotting his two other older brothers standing among the men behind him.

Another horse raced up behind him. Minho, expecting Changbin, had a wide smile on his face when he turned to face the approaching man.

His smile fell when he found a grim looking messenger.

~oOo~

The Han King was kidnapped by the southern invaders.

They had taken over their base while Minho had been preoccupied saving his men from being slaughtered and running to his brother who had just arrived.

He was missing now, maybe dead.

Minho was in a crumpled state as all the nobles and military leaders and royals gathered around in a tight circle with grim faces. Min-hyung knelt down next to his younger brother and whispered comforts in his ear.

"We need to retrieve him as soon as we can," General Kim stated as he set a map down on a tree stump. He pointed to the southernmost side of the Han Kingdom. "This is where their base is, where they'll be keeping His Majesty."

"We have to get there then," Minho said suddenly, standing up. "As soon as possible."

"They're retreating," General Jeon muttered, shaking his head. "They're setting another trap since the first one didn't work. They're bringing us out of the forest and into their ground."

"But if we don't go, we'll lose the king," the oldest Captain Kim pointed out, scratching his head. "We need to come up with a plan so that they don't sneak behind our backs again."

"What if we sneak behind them?" Minho offered. "Take most of our men and take them from the front while I'll lead a small group from the back and sneak in to get him."

"Are you sure that you're in the best state to go save His Majesty?" Changbin asked, placing his hand on Minho's shoulder. "You seem pretty shaken, friend."

"I am fine. More, I will be fine, so that I can go save him," Minho sheathed his sword and looked around. "Does anyone else think that's not a good idea."

The others glanced around but no one said anything.

"Then it's settled," Minho turned around and left the group. He found his horse waiting for him.

Minho quietly raised his arm and rubbed his nose. "What do I do?" he whispered, staring up at Cho's large brown eyes. "What do I do, boy?"

Cho reached his neck out and brushed his nose against Minho's cheek which was now damp with a few of his own tears. "What do I tell my kids? How do I promise that I'll be able to save him?"