Chapter Forty Four

(At this point, Yeong is probably around five or six months while Hei-ran is close to a year and six months.)

"WAAHHH!" a young baby's cries broke through the sweet dreams of all those who lived close by. Sighing, the lanterns were lit with a spark and two men slipped out of their beds, rubbing their eyes.

"Shhh..." Jisung bounced Yeong on his hip, trying to make the young baby feel better. "I know... I know..."

Minho sat at the edge of the bed watching Jisung do so. "He's been sleeping better lately... I wonder what happened."

"Babies get bad dreams sometimes too," Jisung murmured as Yeong finally fell into a more quiet state. "It's only natural."

"He's a lot like us," Minho muttered as he stood from where he sat and walked over to where Hei-ran was sleeping. "Should we move her to a different room? I keep getting worried that she might not be able to sleep because of his crying."

"We already tried moving her to Min-hyung's room, and then to Yongbok's. And then to her own room. She doesn't like sleeping with anybody else."

"Alright then," Minho brushed her hair out of her face and stepped back. "They're both like us. They don't have their parents, and they have been taken in by other people in their parent's place."

"Haa!" Jisung set the small baby back in his crib and walked over to Minho. "Well, then I suppose we need to take good care of them, don't we?"

"Of course," Minho murmured, staring up at Jisung as he stood right in front of him and wrapped his arms around Minho's neck.

Minho blinked before gripping Jisung's waist and dragging him into his lap so he straddles Minho's waist as he stared down at him.

"What are you doing?" Jisung laughed softly, brushing Minho's bangs from his eyes. "You're really handsome..."

"I know," Minho's arm wrapped up around Jisung's neck, bringing his face down.

His eyes closed as their lips met. "Stay here," Jisung murmured against Minho's lips. "Please, don't leave me."

"Never," Minho pulled away before kissing Jisung's nose softly. "Even if I go far away, I'll always come back. We are a team, are we not?"

"Of course," Jisung stretched his head back as Minho pressed kisses to his neck. He stared at the soft flesh under his ear before sinking his teeth in and leaving his mark.

"Ouch!" Jisung slapped his back. "Don't do that! It'll leave a mark!"

"Sorry," Minho picked Jisung's up in one swoop and lay him down on the bed. "Let's just sleep tonight okay?"

"Fine," Jisung curled up in a ball, Minho pressed behind him as they cuddled under the blankets. "Let's sleep."

They slept together like that the rest of the night.

~oOo~

The next morning, Minho got up first, much to Jisung's displeasure as he got ready for the day. "Where are you going?" Jisung asked as he watched Minho get dressed from the bed.

"I'm going to see Hei-ran's mom," he said quietly. "Do you want to come with me?"

Jisung stared at him for a moment and then shrugged. "Sure, if you don't mind. Why don't we all go?"

Minho glanced at Hei-ran and then Yeong. "I guess we can all go. We should show her our entire family. Hei-ran's family."

"Of course," Jisung stood from the bed and pulled on his own robes and turned to Minho. "I'm going to go get my hair done. Can you take care of them until I'm done?"