Chapter Sixty Four

Their training was finished. They had the last day to practice on their own and write home to loved ones to tell them of their future.

Which meant that Minho did the same.

With his friends, husband, children and brothers all gathered around they spent the day together. Mostly because his brothers hadn't really interacted with either Hei-ran or Yeong before and they didn't want to have later regrets.

Overall, Minho tried to ignore the inevitable future that was looming over his family and his mind the entire day that he was supposed to be enjoying with his family. It was like death was hanging over the camp making everyone anxious.

Jisung would not be riding out with him the next day. He would be staying behind as a last barrier between the fighting and the defenseless inside the base such as the kids and untrained. They would not be able to fight together.

That was what made Minho the most anxious. Not the fighting or death to come, but the fact that if their troops fell then Minho would likely not be able to make it back to the mountain camp to protect Jisung and his children.

Jisung seemed to sense that Minho was feeling this way because he stuck right by his side the entire day, rarely letting his hand fall.

Changbin and Yongbok as well were feeling rather sentimental, despite the fact that Yongbok was still mad at Changbin. He let it go for the day since they didn't know what was going to happen in the future.

As the day passed and the evening came along with good food and a table full of family and friends, Minho sat at the head and raised his glass.

"Let's cheers tonight," he said softly, his eyes closed tight as he tried to ignore the upcoming battle he was to face. "To our family and friends that may be sitting at this table, or might be at home thinking of us. Let's cheer for us tonight."

"Cheers!" called the adults, raising their glasses before downing them. The kids had tea.

Jisung sat at Minho's side, his hand stretched under the table to rest on Minho's thigh. "Are you alright?" he asked softly, his thumb brushing back and forth soothingly.

"I'm alright," Minho reassured him, leaning in to press a kiss to his forehead. He didn't really care if anyone saw. They were married after all, and this was his love sitting in front of him. His world, really. And if there was a chance he would lose him tomorrow... Minho didn't want to have any regrets just because he was afraid of what other people thought.

After they had put Hei-ran and Yeong to bed with a kiss to their foreheads and a sweet goodnight, Minho and Jisung retreated to their room.

"Come here," Minho whispered as he lay down on the bed and opened his arms wide for Jisung to hug his chest.

Jisung didn't protest. He lay down on the bed with Minho and pressed his forehead to Minho's chest with a deep inhale. "I don't want tomorrow to come."

Minho held him close, his hand going up to run through Jisung's long hair. "I know... I don't either," he whispered as he clung to his husband like his life depended on it.

"I love you," Jisung pulled away and looked up at Minho's face. "You better come back to me. I don't think I can live without you."

"I know. I can't either," Minho brushed back Jisung's hair. "I'll do my best. I'll ask the gods to grant me more time with you."

"I'll pray as well," Jisung legs tangled with Minho's as Minho pressed a kiss to his forehead. "And I'll go and find you and make you live if you die."

"I don't plan on dying."

"Whoever plans on dying?"

"Not me," Minho pulled Jisung up so that he was lying down on his stomach against Minho. "Let's just sleep, okay? The more you rest, the more strength you'll have."