Chapter Fifty Two

"That's a horrible plan," Changbin shook his head as he sat down across from Minho. "Horrible, horrible, horrible. I don't get why you just don't go directly there!"

"Because I'm a coward," Minho rolled his eyes as he spoke. "I just think that there might be a better way."

"Just walk in. He knows you're still alive anyway now, right? So why not just get it over with?"

"I feel bad," Minho felt something twang in his chest. "I left him without a word for almost two years. That would be enough for me to expect him to never speak to me again and banish me from his kingdom."

"You're still married though, and I'm sure that he still loves you," Changbin muttered. "You just have to explain, and-"

"But how can I explain unless I get him here first."

"What I'm saying is that you... never mind," Changbin stood back up. "Let's get him in two day's time. I'll be back by then. I think I have to go get someone."

"Who?"

Changbin turned back. "Actually, you and Hei-ran should come with me."

"What are you even talking about?" Minho stood up with him, a suspicious look glimmering in his eyes. "What about Hei-ran."

"We need to head west," Changbin looked around. "I'll let Master Sang-hyuk know. We need to get your brother."

"My brother?" Minho's eyes widened. "My oldest brother?"

Changbin grinned. "Exactly."

~oOo~

"But Daddy," Hei-ran pouted as Minho loaded his horse with the needed supplies, Changbin doing the same from where he was standing against his black horse. "I want to ride by myself!"

"Do you really hate the idea of riding with your very own father that much?" Minho laughed as he looked around. "I'll tell you what, I'll let you ride on your own but you have to be on a lead, and I'm going to hold it."

"Okay!" Hei-ran jumped up, clapping her hands. "Yaaay!"

Minho turned to the stable boy and asked for a small horse, probably no larger than a mountain pony for his three year old daughter to ride. "And this is a treat. Don't ask anybody else to do this for you, or I'm going to personally chop their fingers off."

"Okay!" Hei-ran beamed as a small golden pony was led over from her stall. She was small, but as fast as Danbi. "Here we go!" Minho lifted his daughter onto the horse's back with a groan and pulled a thick rope from the supplies, tying it around Hei-ran's waist and tying it to the saddle. "You hold on, alright? We're going fast."

"Okay!" Hei-ran just smiled.

"Ah... what am I going to do with you?" Minho sighed as he turned back to his own horse. "Changbin, we ready to go?"

"I am," Changbin tied down the last of the supplies and looked up at Hei-ran on her horse. "You ready, Hei-ran?"

"Yes, Uncle!" she said brightly.

"We're ready to go," Changbin glanced back at Master Sang-hyuk who was waiting by the door. "I could have just sent him a letter," he muttered.

"I think this is more than just getting the king here," Changbin looked over at Minho and Hei-ran. "Hei-ran has never met her aunt or uncles."

"Whatever, get going," Master Sang-hyuk sniffed and waved them off quickly. Minho mounted Danbi and grabbed hold of the lead that was tied around Hei-ran's horse.

"Let's go!" Changbin took the lead as they galloped out of the cave and into the sunlight. The three horses ran together towards the cave that would lead them through the mountain. They had to first ride towards the capitol, which meant they had to run towards the San Palace.