Chapter Sixty Nine

"Duck!"

There was no time! He had already taken aim as they had approached, knowing that someone of power would come and greet him since he was a famed general.

And to General Chun's luck, he was locked on the Han King's head before he even knew what was coming his way.

But to his misfortune, both Prince Minho as well as Master Sang-hyuk found where his arrow was trained with lightning reflexes, both jumping in the way before the arrow could hit Jisung.

Minho jumped off his horse and tackled Jisung, sending them both flying to the ground, spooking their horses.

"Oof!" Jisung groaned as he hit Minho's chest. Minho's back had hit the ground and the breath was knocked out of him for a moment before he coughed, lurching forward.

"Are you alright?" Jisung asked as he helped him into a sitting position. "Get up quickly, they're coming-"

"Master!" Minho was suddenly on his feet as he heard Changbin's yell echo off the mountains. Widely he looked around and found Master Sang-hyuk still on his horse, still facing the incoming southern invaders.

"Master?" Minho's voice sounded uncertain as he walked towards Master Sang-hyuk's horse. "Are you-"

He cut himself off as he saw the arrow protruding from Master Sang-hyuk's chest.

"No..." he whispered as he rushed forward to catch Master Sang-hyuk right before he too hit the ground.

Gasping, Master Sang-hyuk began to choke on his own blood.

"No, no, no, no!" Minho ripped open his robes and began to try and stop the bleeding as emotions rose in his chest. "We've almost won! We're driving them back! You just have to wait a little longer and see! All you've done, it's about to pay off! You have to hang in there!"

"L-leave me here," Master Sang-hyuk choked as his hand came up to grip Minho's shoulder. "Leave me with Jisung and chase them out of here!"

"M-master..." Minho brushed the hair out of Master Sang-hyuk's face. "I can't just leave you here Master," his voice broke.

"You must make sure that you finish what I started. Chase them out of here and make sure they don't come back," Master Sang-hyuk looked behind Minho where Jisung had fallen to his knees behind him. "We need a moment."

Minho glanced from Jisung to Master Sang-hyuk before he stiffly stood up and let Master Sang-hyuk fall gently into his son's arms. "Jisung... I'm going to chase them out..."

Jisung looked back at him, knowing fully well what he was trying to say. This was the most dangerous part of the battle, where the southern men would shoot at whoever came at them, regardless of if they were a prince or not. Minho had to be completely focused.

"Go," Jisung whispered nodding to Minho to leave on Cho, who someone had brought back.

Minho looked back at Master Sang-hyuk one last time before he jumped onto Cho's back and called his men to his side, going to race at General Chun and chase the rest of the southern soldiers back to their own side.

"TOGETHER!" Minho yelled as he raised his sword in the air and reared back on Cho before lunging forward and racing down the side of the hill, running right for where General Chun was racing as well, where they would meet in the middle.

"M-master," Jisung stammered as he held his bleeding father in his arms. His blood had seeped out into a large puddle around them, sticking to Jisung's clothes and skin as he held his father close to his chest.

"Quickly, we don't have t-time," Master Sang-hyuk coughed, spitting out blood as he stared up at his son's confused and distraught face. "I know I wasn't a father to you, but-"