Chapter Sixty Two

Minho led the group of captains, generals, and nobles and royals on horse back into the forests. "This is a good spot to train because there's forest as well as river, where we can train for both." he called as he trotted through on Danbi.

"I can hardly see anything," Captain Choi Jongho called as he got hit in the face by a hanging branch.

"Good, that means they won't be able to either," Minho pulled to a stop at the water's edge. He turned to face his men. "How many of you are afraid of water?"

Several hands went up.

"Then you get to go first."

"What?" There were several protests that arose from the men who were horrified at the thought of wading their horses into unknown waters. Minho sighed before he pushed Danbi into the water. "Alright, now get in."

Slowly, the men all got their horses into the water. "Good, now... I want you all to think about how you are reacting to the water right now. That is the same way that most of the Southern soldiers are going to react. What are you feeling?

"Nervous," Changbin piped up. "We can't see what's in the water, so they'll be looking down the entire time."

"Good, now what would be smart to do if they're all looking down?"

"Attack from above."

"That's correct. We'll do that later, but for now we're going to focus on techniques for fighting in water. We need to make sure first of all that we're all comfortable. I want you to get off your horses and walk back and forth in this water for a while, and then we'll work on swimming in case... you know," he nodded for them all to start getting off their horses as he got off his horse as well and lowered his legs into the cold water.

"Did we really have to get off?" chattered Changbin as he came shivering up to Minho. "We could fight on horseback!"

"Being on horseback means that our horses are more likely to slip and break their legs... then we don't have horses," Minho wasn't fazed by the cold and instead started the water march back and forth from deep to shallow water.

By the end of their first training session, all the men could run quickly through the water and were getting used to the cold.

Minho returned back home with dripping clothes. Jisung was waiting for him in their room, holding Yeong in his arms. When Jisung saw him walk through the door he grinned and cutely waved Yeong's arm. "Look Yeong, Dad's home!"

"Hello!" Minho reached for his son and picked him up in his arms, making sure he wasn't drenched before he twirled Yeong in the air. "Hello, hello. How was your day?"

"We've been stuck inside," Jisung pouted as he watched Minho and their son dance around the room. "I want to be out there training with you, but Master Sang-hyuk won't let me go anywhere."

"You are the king," Minho pointed out as he set Yeong in his lap and turned to face Jisung. "He's only worried about you."

Jisung rolled his eyes. "It's not like he was before. If he had been, he would have come back," Jisung was clearly still bitter about the fact that Master Sang-hyuk was his biological father. It had clearly been a shock, but Jisung was trying hard to hide that fact.

Minho was buying it, but he didn't bring it up anymore.

"You can come with us tomorrow, we're just in the water. We'll be working in the trees tomorrow and then in the forest, and then back in the water. We're going to train as much as we can before it's time."

"How long do we actually have before it's time?"

"Two weeks."

"That's not a lot of time," Jisung frowned. "Are you sure... are you sure that you'll be ready by then? If not, then you should stay here and let someone else-"