Chapter Fourteen

Being invited to breakfast with Han Jisung was not something Minho thought would happen in a lifetime. And it seemed that it was not Jisung who had invited him to do so. He had arrived first, as expected of one that was invited. Yongbok had been invited as well, and had arrived slightly before him, along with Princess Jeongyeon. Master Kang sat at one end of the table, sipping his tea lightly with a raised eyebrow. He turned to Captain Namjoon, and quietly murmured something.

Kim Namjoon nodded, and hurried out of the room, most likely to go find where the prince was, because he seemed to be very late.

There was a knock at the door some moments later. "Jeongyeon!" he spoke, throwing open the doors carelessly. "Did you-"

He stopped when he realized that both of the Lee Princes were seated in the room, along with Master Kang, who gave him a glance of pity.

His face turned beet red.

Yongbok cleared his throat and sat back in his seat as the Han Prince took a seat across from him with a frown. He gulped, before murmuring a soft greeting to those present. Princess Jeongyeon giggled under her breath.

"Thank goodness Kim Seokjin is back in the palace. I don't know what I would do without his cooking...." Master Kang murmured as he dug into his plate delicately.

Captain Kim sniffed and lifted his head high.

"Yes, indeed..." Yongbok murmured. "We were able to enjoy some of his fine foods on our way here... we experienced some trouble before running into Chang- Master Seo. And... even after..." Yongbok winced at the thought.

"Oh?" Master Kang raised his cup to his lips. "I hear that you met some unfriendly citizens while in our remote villages? I apologize on their behalf... word does not reach that end of the country for some time."

"You were attacked?" Princess Jeongyeon's eyes went wide with wonder. "Really? Please, do tell us the story!"

"Well..." Yongbok looked to his cousin for help, but Minho merely shrugged, as if to say 'You're on your own!'

"We had encountered Master Seo the night before, and he had agreed to guide us to this palace.... and we had been traveling all day long, when we reached a small village. Master Seo said he had been there a few times, so he and I went alone to the village to find some food to eat. We had done so, when I drifted away from him, and a strange man jumped at me and tried to steal my silver and gold... I was however saved by Master Kang and was not too badly hurt..."

"Hmm... yes... Seo Changbin is indeed one of the best swordsmen that this country has ever seen... his twin swords you have seen? They were a present from the late king to his son's protector."

Minho glanced over at his cousin, who suddenly had a look of dread in his eyes. Minho sighed internally, realizing he had to take control of the situation before Yongbok had a freak out.

This was not a good environment for him right now.... and in the two weeks they had been at the Han Palace, none of them had been good for Yongbok. He needed to go back soon, and Minho knew this. But he also needed to stay at the Han Palace, which was what had Minho so torn. If Yongbok left, he could return to his home and sort out his affairs, before coming back to help him. But this could take an unknown amount of time, and Minho did not wish to be here alone. But Yongbok had always found it his duty to protect Minho, and if he was not doing that... Minho worried for what affects it would have on the younger male. And it was impossible to do both... so what was he to do?

Minho watched his cousin squirm in his seat. He knew what to do. He just didn't want to do it.

"I have received a note," Minho said quietly. "From Young Master Kim Yugyeom. Perhaps you know him... he has said that Yongbok is to return home... and so my cousin will be returning to the Lee Kingdom for a period of time before he comes back here, to the Han Kingdom. We do not know for how long he will be away..."