Chapter Thirty Three

"Are you really leaving us?" San cried, clinging to Minho's arm. "Already? You haven't even stayed a week!"

"Which would be too long for me to stay away from my kingdom," Minho gave him a small smile before stepping back from the seven men who had assembled before him to see him off. "I sincerely appreciate all the help and healing you have provided me here. If you ever need anything here, please let me know. I would be more than happy to pay back the debt I owe you."

"Nonsense," San smiled. "We love having guests and helping people!" he turned to his brother. "Is that right?"

Jongho nodded. "Come back whenever you need a break, alright?" he asked, and Minho nodded.

"Of course. Feel free to come visit me anytime! Just..." he trailed off. "Send me a letter first. Getting to the royal palace is a little difficult."

The young men nodded. "And come visit us, alright? We're among friends now!"

The other men nodded.

Minho bowed his head to them, and then turned to the horse they were giving to him. A dark black mare who nickered as he jumped onto her back. "Goodbye!" he called as he steered her away from the palace. "Thank you!"

"Bye!" The boys behind him waved as he took off out the palace gates and out into the Southern land.

~oOo~

The ride was not a long one. Minho pushed the horse hard, but it simply was not as fast as Cho. His cousin was going to be waiting for him at the border. His spirits lifted as he neared the border and he spotted a team of men waiting for him.

"Cousin!" Minho waved his arms as he rode. "Yongbok!"

Yongbok spotted Minho and his face lit up. "Prince!" he pushed his horse forward and made his way towards Minho.

Minho pulled his horse to a stop in front of Yongbok's, smiling widely. "I'm back!" he cried and waved at the General Jeon, who stood behind Yongbok. He paused. "Where is the king?"

"The king?" The general glanced at Yongbok, who shook his head slightly. "He's waiting for you at the palace. Should we head there right away?"

"Of course!" Minho moved his horse to walk side-by-side with Yongbok's. "I was away a week. What happened?"

Yongbok stiffened. He glanced at Minho, who's smile went down as soon as he saw Yongbok's face. "What is it?"

"You promise you're not going to go off riding and hit your head if I tell you?"

"... of course," Minho stared at him with wide eyes. "What is it?"

"The people were requesting that the king marry a noble woman and make her the queen. They don't support the fact that the king will never have an heir if he is married to a man, so the masters made Jisung take in Lady Oh Hae-won, who is a nobleman's daughter. They're to be married next week."

General Jeon flinched.

Yongbok watched as Minho's face changed. He felt an anxious feeling in his chest.

"Alright," Minho didn't say any more and walked on with his horse. "Don't worry. It's fine."

"Minho..."

"I'm fine..." Minho's face was schooled into an emotionless statue. He rode on without blinking as they made their way back through the forest and towards the tunnel entrance that led back into the Han Palace.

Captain Kim Namjoon was waiting at the entrance. "Prince Lee," he bowed his head and nodded for the doors to be opened. "I'm glad you are back safe. The king is waiting for you in the throne room. Please do not keep him waiting."