Chapter Nine

Prince Jisung rose as Crown Prince Minho reached the front of his throne's tower. The two glared at each other, freezing the atmosphere. The nobles in the back of the room gulped and watched as their own prince edged closer. "You know, I hadn't seen you since you were a baby, but one thing has not changed since I did so," Minho smirked. "You are still small."

Jisung gritted his teeth together. "Oh, is that so, Your Highness? I'm sorry to disappoint."

"Yes, it is indeed a pity."

Yongbok slowly made his way to his cousin, and pulled at his arm wearily. Minho turned to face him. "Cousin. Should you not be more kind to the prince?" he whispered. "Are we not on the verge of war with the Han Kingdom?"

Minho sighed, but he knew that Yongbok was correct. He turned back to the Crown Prince, and tried to smile. "Prince. My men are tired from our journey, and they need rooms. Can I trust you to see to it?"

Master Kang finally cut in. "Yes, indeed. I will make sure that every single one of your men are fed and watered. However, we will be holding a feast tonight for your arrival. May I suggest you not eat too much? There will be a large array of Han Kingdom cuisine!"

Minho instantly liked Master Kang much more. "Yes. Thank you very much, Master," Minho bowed to him. "Then I would like to retire to my room, until tonight. I must however request that my cousin stays near me."

"I will see to it!" Master Kang reassured.

"Thank you, Master," Minho bowed, and started to retreat. Changbin, Jeongin, and Sungjin stayed where they were, with smiles on their faces. When Jisung saw them, he let out a strange sound. "Ah!" he ran down the steps and ran to greet Changbin and Jeongin while Master Sungjin went over to speak with Master Kang.

It seemed like the crown prince was an affectionate person.

Minho snorted and stalked out of the room, his men trailing after him. He stopped outside, his face boiling. "Alright. Everyone to your rooms now! Make sure that you are the best dressed there! We can not have the Han Kingdom thinking we are a poor country, looking for funding."

"Yes, Your Highness!" everyone bowed, and scurried away to their rooms. Minho huffed, and called to a servant. "Call General and Captain Jeon to my room. Immediately!"

Minho was furious. And he didn't even know why. His emotions were spiraling out of control, and his cousin noticed this. He placed his hand on Minho's shoulder, and stared at him with a great amount of concern. "Cousin. Are you alright? Can I help you in some way?"

Minho turned around and looked at his cousin with confused eyes. "I don't know. I am so mad. And I don't even know why. I think... I think this Han Crown Prince is playing around with my head. Something about him angers me, and I don't know why..." Minho turned away and started walking towards the servant, who was waiting by the doorway to take him to his room. "Join me, Yongbok. The general and the captain are coming."

"What for?" Yongbok trailed after Minho.

Minho sighed. "We need to set up protection for our men while they are here. Many Han people dislike us, and wish harm to our people. We must make sure that all the men we came here with, we leave here with."

"Then... may I suggest that we invite the Han General, and Captains of the Royal Guards? They may also be very helpful!"

Minho thought for a second, before nodding. "Can you send someone to bring them as well? I think that your idea is a good one. If we are to stay safe in the Han Kingdom, we should have people from the Han Kingdom help us."

Yongbok smiled. "Yes, indeed, my cousin."

~oOo~

All the generals and captains met in a large meeting room. General Kim Taehyung, Captain Kim Namjoon, and Captain Kim Mingyu all gathered together, without having the slightest idea who had called them, and why they were there. They had all just had a servant rush in, telling them a royal prince had called for their presence, and they must obey, or suffer consequences.