Chapter Thirty One

"The king is coming to see you..." Captain San murmured. "We didn't realize that we had someone like you with us... he's now concerned that the Han Kingdom will have thought we kidnapped their Queen."

"I'm not the queen, nor will I ever be. You just have to worry that my older brother won't come storm your palace," Minho muttered. He was in the process of checking the wound on his stomach. He pulled back the cloth coverings he wore and the two captains hissed. 

"Where is he?" the young king burst into the room, his red robes flowing behind him. He stopped when his eyes rested on Minho. "Oh. Nobody told me he was this handsome."

Minho dipped his head

Minho dipped his head. "Your Majesty. I am Prince Lee Minho of the Lee and Han Kingdoms. I'm sorry to be causing you trouble like this. It was not my intention."

The young king sat down at the table. "And why are you here?" he asked, taking in Minho who was dressed in nothing but plain white and brown clothing. "You are not dressed like a prince, no offense. What were you doing at our border? And how are you here now, in my palace?"

"Um..." the brothers standing beside the king shuffled. "That would be our fault," Captain San murmured. "Our men brought what they thought was a hurt stray citizen of the Lee Kingdom in for treatment... he was handsome so we thought it'd be fun to bring him here."

"I'm handsome enough, why did you need to bring him?" the king pouted childishly.

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty."

"Why are you dressed like that?"

Minho shrugged. "So that if something did happen and I was kidnapped nobody would know I was the prince and use me for ransom against my husband or brothers."

"Wow... I can't believe you have a husband. The crown prince at that."

"He's the king now. King Han Jisung."

"Oh, of course," the king in front of him bowed his head. "Call me King Jung. It makes me feel happier."

"Of course, Your Majesty King Jung," Minho dipped his head. He winced as he leaned forward, the bump on the back of his head swelling.

"You should rest more," the king commented. "I'll make sure you are fed. We'll send out a notice to your husband and make sure he knows you are here-"

"INVADERS!" came a shriek down the hall. The door was thrown open again and a sweaty man darted inside. "Invaders! The Han have crossed the border on horseback and are heading this way!"

"Park Seong-hwa! Calm down!" Captain San cocked his head. "Why would they... oh..." he looked over at Minho with a wince. "Right. It looks to them as though we kidnapped their prince. This isn't good."

"No, it's not," another man walked into the room. He groaned and leaned back on the door. "This is a nightmare. They're coming this way and they look mad!"