Chapter Thirty Four

Yongbok coughed as their brooms brought yet another storm of dust into the air as they swept through the musty rooms. "This is the worst..." he muttered, glancing at his cousin who was sweeping nearby. "Why did we have to come here? We could have moved to someplace that's been lived in within the last decade."

"It's fine," Minho looked through the stored blankets that were hung in a closet. "These are fine..." he looked around. The servants they had brought and the young masters worked side by side as they cleaned their new home.

The new palace, nicknamed the San Palace, reminded Minho of the young captain in the Northern Kingdom. He chuckled at the thought and continued to sweep. He never thought this was what he would be doing in the Han Kingdom.

Yongbok stretched and rubbed his back. "Did you send the letter off to your brother?"

"Hm?" Minho looked up. "Oh, no. I didn't. I should do that soon."

"Go do it now! Your room is already done and set up, so go and we'll finish up here," Yongbok waved him away down the hall.

"But-"

"Go!"

Minho sighed and walked back to his room. However nice it was, his room, or more like Jisung's room, back in the Han Palace left it behind in the dust. Minho sighed and sat down at the table which already had his ink and brushes set on it.

Minho pulled a piece of parchment from the drawer and stared down at it.

Before he began writing.

Dear Hyungnim,

I regret to inform you that I will be leaving the Han Palace. King Han is getting married to a woman and I thought that it would be better if I was not around to disturb them, especially as their family starts and they have kids.

And to answer the question that I know you're going to ask, no. I won't go home, and I'm not going to marry someone else. I will just live my life happily with Yongbok and the young masters here. That is perfectly fine with me.

Don't nag me about this please. I'm fine and I am happy.

Love,

Prince Lee Minho

Minho sat back and stared at the letter in front of him. This was good enough, right? He set the brush down and folded the parchment, stuffing it in an envelope before getting some wax from the small container to his side and stamping the ring he wore around his finger to the wax.

He left the letter there. Servants would come later and take it away to his eldest brother, who would for sure freak out about how isolated and alone Minho was out here.

But at this point, he didn't care. He was just glad to be away once and for all.

~oOo~

(One Month Later)

The stomping of horse hooves against the solid ground was a nice way to wake up on an early morning. Minho sighed and let the wind run through his long hair, which he had set free when he woke up.

His recurring headaches and colds that had plagued him for a few weeks now all went away when he was riding. He was glad for the escape from sickness, however minor the illness really was.

"Why don't we head back now?" Young Master Bang Chan yelled over the wind as he pushed his horse to keep up with Cho, who was tossing his head and running at full speed ahead of them. "It's cold out here!"

"You'll get used to it!" Minho pushed Cho even faster, covering more and more land with each stride.

"Let's stop for a break!" Bang Chan called. "My horse is getting tired!"